What kind of offense/defense would you personally run?

BleedTheClock

8 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

I’m a fan of this offense too. It’s what MN is currently running under Stefanski who’s obviously influenced by Kubiak. Rudolph, Smith and Ham get a ton of looks as the TEs and FB yet we’ve hit on a bunch of explosive plays due to having Diggs and Thielen on the outside. Cook was made for it too and has helped open things up off playaction.

I'm of the opinion that teams just flat out don't use enough play-action in the NFL. Even if you aren't running the ball very well, it's still deadly. It just makes everything so much easier for your QB.

I also think there's something to be said for having a long-term vision for your scheme as opposed to being "eh, whatever works". Not everyone is on the level of Belichick, after all.

13 hours ago, childofpudding said:

50 personnel paying each RB 500k and running a read read read read option

I’ve thought about something similar actually. 

Run a diamond backfield out of the gun. 1 RB behind the QB, 1 on each side of the QB. Run zone right where the QB reads the backside DE. If the backside DE sits, the left side RB and the right side RB turn the zone play into a speed option with load blocking. Where the left RB getting the zone carry would pitch to the right RB once the defense arrived. 

If the DE on the backside chased, the QB would pull and he would run with the RB behind him to the left and carry out speed option to that side.

And RPO slants behind it every once in a while. 

Thats my evil genius offense that would probably only work in HS. 

Depends on the players I have.

But if I had them....

Offense - Control the clock and dictate the game. Stay on the field. So this means a strong running game, an effective short passing game, creative routes with receivers that can find holes and separate. Ideal QB would be accurate from short-to-med, and be able to pick up yards if need-be....Mayfield (if 2018), Luck

Defense - Tight man-to-man coverage, and creative pass-rush with 4 or 5 rushers, so probably some form of 4-2 front. I'll need talented DBs and intelligent DLs/Rushers

Edited by Hunter2_1