Has McVay been overrated?

patriotsheatyan

Has McVay been overrated  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Has McVay been overrated

• Yes
    • No

10 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We won't know what Goff is or isn't for another 3 to 5 years.

If we're to take criticism of Goff with a grain of salt, due to the above, by the same token should us non-Rams fans take his positive acclamation with a grain of salt as well? Because there have been instances on here where if someone hasn't accepted Goff as a top (10 for example) QB, they get corrected pretty quickly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If we're to take criticism of Goff with a grain of salt, due to the above, by the same token should us non-Rams fans take his positive acclamation with a grain of salt as well? Because there have been instances on here where if someone hasn't accepted Goff as a top (10 for example) QB, they get corrected pretty quickly.

I don't care. You're an adult. Do what you want.

3 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

My advice will be the same. You're an adult. Do what you want.

OK, advice taken. Therefore, when you or the other hoards of Goff apologists come on to tell us how good he is, we're all to ignore you because.....

" 23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We won't know what Goff is or isn't for another 3 to 5 years."

So there we have it. We can't pass comment on Goff either way, because we won't know for another 3 to 5 years. The same, presumably, goes for Mahomes, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold, Wentz etc. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

tenor.gif?itemid=10744962

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

OK, advice taken. Therefore, when you or the other hoards of Goff apologists come on to tell us how good he is, we're all to ignore you because.....

" 23 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

We won't know what Goff is or isn't for another 3 to 5 years."

So there we have it. We can't pass comment on Goff either way, because we won't know for another 3 to 5 years. The same, presumably, goes for Mahomes, Trubisky, Mayfield, Darnold, Wentz etc. 

Feel free to pass judgment on him. You're an adult. Do what you want. I'm spelling out the realities of QBing in the NFL. Deuces.

EDIT: My point is that there's nothing wrong with discussing how a young QB is doing at a certain point in time. However, it's also quite clear that before QBs hit their prime in their late 20's to early 30's, there are going to be ups and downs. We won't know what Goff's ceiling is until he hits his prime, which is likely 3 to 5 years away. He was great last year. He's not this year. Oh well. It doesn't change my long-term outlook on him. With that all said, I'm not going to waste more time on petty NFL Gen arguments.

Edited by jrry32

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

However, it's also quite clear that before QBs hit their prime in their late 20's to early 30's, there are going to be ups and downs. We won't know what Goff's ceiling is until he hits his prime, which is likely 3 to 5 years away. He was great last year. He's not this year. Oh well. It doesn't change my long-term outlook on him. With that all said, I'm not going to waste more time on petty NFL Gen arguments.

You're onto something Jerry pertaining to Goff. He's a pure pocket QB so he's going to keep progressing into his 3rd contract.

Qb Primes usually aren't 3rd contract though that's becoming and aberration and not the norm. So I wouldn't use that argument for every qb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thebestever6 said:

You're onto something Jerry pertaining to Goff. He's a pure pocket QB so he's going to keep progressing into his 3rd contract.

Qb Primes usually aren't 3rd contract though that's becoming and aberration and not the norm. So I wouldn't use that argument for every qb.

It's funny how in the span of less than a year, he can go from '6-10th best QB in the league' and 'better than Big Ben and Luck' with the question 'Why is he still not treated like a guy to be feared?'  to 'we won't know what he is for another 3-5 years'. This is all a bit biased, isn't it.

I happen to think Goff is pretty good, but this whole revisionism around him is tedious. When he's good, he's to be feared! When he's not doing so well, it's ok....we won't know for another 5 years what he is or isn't. Zzz.

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It's funny how in the span of less than a year, he can go from '6-10th best QB in the league' and 'better than Big Ben and Luck' with the question 'Why is he still not treated like a guy to be feared?'  to 'we won't know what he is for another 3-5 years'. This is all a bit bias, isn't it.

You never heard me say he was better than Ben and Luck lol. Those words were never typed or thought by me. 

All I'm saying is Goff has staying power in this league ala Brady or Manning, Matt Ryan. Doesn't mean he'll be better than any of those I mentioned. Just I wouldn't bet on him getting worse or Flat lining any time soon.  TBH that Rams oline is either looking old or underachieving. 

That's why I hate the Ramsey trade what if that first could of been used on a significant oline upgrade or Dline? Elite corners are a cap off piece to a team. 

Edited by thebestever6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Feel free to pass judgment on him. You're an adult. Do what you want. I'm spelling out the realities of QBing in the NFL. Deuces.

EDIT: My point is that there's nothing wrong with discussing how a young QB is doing at a certain point in time. However, it's also quite clear that before QBs hit their prime in their late 20's to early 30's, there are going to be ups and downs. We won't know what Goff's ceiling is until he hits his prime, which is likely 3 to 5 years away. He was great last year. He's not this year. Oh well. It doesn't change my long-term outlook on him. With that all said, I'm not going to waste more time on petty NFL Gen arguments.

It’s super totally weird that until Goff started playing largely terrible for a season’s worth of games you were on the “he’s awesome, borderline top 5!”  train and not on the “we need to wait 5 years to see if he’s good or not” train.

Edited by fortdetroit
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

You never heard me say he was better than Ben and Luck lol. Those words were never typed or thought by me. 

All I'm saying is Goff has staying power in this league ala Brady or Manning, Matt Ryan. Doesn't mean he'll be better than any of those I mentioned. Just I wouldn't bet on him getting worse or Flat lining any time soon.  TBH that Rams oline is either looking old or underachieving. 

No, it was Jrry. Wasn't accusing you dude. 

I agree! I just object to the revisionism from some rams fans. We dared to question if he was as good as advertised (again, I do think he's quite good) and got stomped on, but now that it's become obvious he's not as good as some thought - the narrative has shifted to 'we won't know how good he is or isn't'. Smh. @Matts4313 in particular took flak for merely stating facts....

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 4

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I agree! I just object to the revisionism from some rams fans. We dared to question if he was as good as advertised (again, I do think he's quite good) and got stomped on, but now that it's become obvious he's not as good as some thought - the narrative has shifted to 'we won't know how good he is or isn't'. Smh.

I don't think it's that he's not as good he didn't just lose his powers. That offense looks like it's missing a lot. And it's why that Ramsey trade is going to bite them in the next few years imo.

It be like if Tom Brady hadn't won those early superbowls hard to imagine.  You'd still defend him as a player.