This Aint Packers Talk v69

CWood21

1 minute ago, Leader said:

You using the plural or singular sense? Did you (and the others you reference) come to similar conclusions about other men (and other women) when the had similar outbursts?

Note - I'm not challenging or trying to change your opinion. You're entitled and its really of no consequence to me - but I am interested if you apply a consist brush to all such incidents and the players that have/cause them.

How many men have cheated and then tried to bring their kid into the argument?

How many men have cheated and then played the sexism card?

9 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The new "Woke" media carries water for Serena in a way that I haven't seen the media do for any athlete since John Madden and the old boys were doing for Favre. Read Deadspin's article on this situation: https://deadspin.com/sensitive-ref-pushes-serena-williams-to-meltdown-and-ru-1828912450

What does CNN have to say: https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/09/us/serena-williams-sexism-tennis-controversy/index.html

Are you kidding me? Not even going to push an update saying that her coach admitted to coaching? The journalism standards are embarrassing. Serena should be on blast right now by the entire media, and I'll even say that the coaching violation is almost never called. Just for the "I demand to speak to your manager routine" she should be getting blasted. She ruined what was probably the best night of Osaka's life because she was embarrassed she was getting her *** kicked. It's not a coincidence this happened while she was getting dominated. She pulled the same stunt in 2009 when she was about to lose to Kim Clijsters: Down 6-5 in the second set after losing the first set. Or again in 2011 while down in the second set after losing the first set. 

You didnt really answer my question - but no matter. Leave it be.
FACT - countless men (and women) have had similar outbursts over course of their careers. Not all - but certainly many - and its the advent of social media - and INSTANT opinion and analysis - thats different.

Seconds cant pass by till someone's fingers are hitting a keyboard somewhere - registering their "well considered and qualified" opinion.

It is what it is.

Points noted. My comments stand. It's not the outrage some portend (or want) it to be.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

You using the plural or singular sense? Did you (and the others you reference) come to similar conclusions about other men (and other women) when the had similar outbursts?

Note - I'm not challenging or trying to change your opinion. You're entitled and its really of no consequence to me - but I am interested if you apply a consist brush to all such incidents and the players that have/cause them.

Yep. Same conclusion. It's embarrassing (or should be) for anyone who acts like that.

It'd also clearly acceptable to behave extremely badly to the majority of our country these days. Shrug.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yep. Same conclusion. It's embarrassing (or should be) for anyone who acts like that.

It'd also clearly acceptable to behave extremely badly to the majority of our country these days. Shrug.

Okay. I'll only offer about your latter comment.....its not a new phenomenon.

Just now, Leader said:

You didnt really answer my question - but no matter. Leave it be.
FACT - countless men (and women) have had similar outbursts over course of their careers. Not all - but certainly many - and its the advent of social media - and INSTANT opinion and analysis - thats different.

Seconds cant pass by till someone's fingers are hitting a keyboard somewhere - registering their "well considered and qualified" opinion.

It is what it is.

Points noted. My comments stand. It's not the outrage some portend (or want) it to be.

The under 40 liberal voting base was the demographic I was referring to, nice try.

Here's Ramos taking such heavy abuse from Djokavic and issuing the same damn penalty: 

This claim that Ramos is somehow sexist for making this call is laughable. 

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How many men have cheated and then tried to bring their kid into the argument?

How many men have cheated and then played the sexism card?

Come on AG. I presume you're reading along. Just moments ago I commented:

"McEnroe, Nasty, Connors....and on down a long list....any number of tennis players have had similar outbursts. Not in exact verbiage - but in temperament, outrage and declarative statements"

The exact words matter to you? I guess so since you asked the question.
They dont for me - as my comment indicates.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Come on AG. I presume you're reading along. Just moments ago I commented:

"McEnroe, Nasty, Connors....and on down a long list....any number of tennis players have had similar outbursts. Not in exact verbiage - but in temperament, outrage and declarative statements"

The exact words matter to you? I guess so since you asked the question.
They dont for me - as my comment indicates.

McEnroe and Connors played in their last Slam what, 30 years ago? Nasty, like 40?

How is that comparable?

Also how the **** do the exact words not matter to you when she was given the penalty for shouting those exact words at the official?

You're not even going to get on her for lying? or smashing her racket? Why on earth would she think the official rescinded her penalty because of her heart felt lie that she wasn't receiving coaching?

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You're not a fan of the new phenomenon where people can accuse your of racism or sexism for no reason and not be judged for it? 

I don't think that is actually new. But no, I'm not of fan of that. I think I made that clear in my first take on this outburst.

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The under 40 liberal voting base was the demographic I was referring to, nice try.

No try involved. As you're more than wont to say I was simply wanting you to support your argument. Make your case.....and outside some (apparent) omniscient understanding of peoples social media comments - you didnt make it. You appear capable of "characteriziing" peoples comments so well that you're able to keyhole them into social groups - and thereby gain a fuller, more complete understanding of their comments. Be careful bias doesnt raise its ugly head....that could really screw the process up eh?

No problem AG. I've got your take and theres no need for wrangling. Points noted and its not that complex or deep a subject.

Edited by Leader