Can we name every team's best player ever?

Hunter2_1

Just now, dtait93 said:

That's not true at all. There are many people who continued to be Oilers fans and then Titans fans when the franchise moved to Tennessee - some of which who even post on here.

"Jim Brown is actually a Raven"

You understand how absurd this ridiculous this argument is? Earl is ours. 

• Like 1

Just now, dtait93 said:

He played for our organization, end of story. He has nothing to do with the Texans.

Earl was raised 45 minutes north of Austin. He played college in Austin. He was drafted to Houston. Any argument that HOU doesnt get to claim him is null and void. Its an objectively absurd notion. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

"Jim Brown is actually a Raven"

You understand how absurd this ridiculous this argument is? Earl is ours. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_relocation_controversy

All Cleveland history remained in Cleveland after they moved to Baltimore. The Ravens were treated historically as an expansion team. Not at all the same as Oilers and Titans/Texans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dtait93 said:

You missed the part where IDGAF about what was negotiated in the the transition. Earl is a Texan. He is an Austinite and a Houstonian. Pretending he reps the Titans is a lie. No one, literally no one, thinks of him as a part of your team.

• Like 1

Just now, skywlker32 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_relocation_controversy

All Cleveland history remained in Cleveland after they moved to Baltimore. The Ravens were treated historically as an expansion team. Not at all the same as Oilers and Titans/Texans.

17 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I seriously dont care what logic/negotiated claim you have. There is no logical conclusion that takes Earl out of Texas. He was born here. He played his entire career from HS through the NFL here. Tennessee can go (buzz) themselves. 

Read the proression

Just now, Matts4313 said:

No one, literally no one, thinks of him as a part of your team.

This is the crux of my argument. You can say otherwise, but very few people think of him as a Tennessee Titan.

They think of him as a Houston Oiler.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is the crux of my argument. You can say otherwise, but very few people think of him as a Tennessee Titan.

They think of him as a Houston Oiler.

Out of curiosity, since the Rams were originally a Cleveland team, how to you handle that move?

2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Browns vs. Oilers don't follow the same logic though because the Ravens ACTUALLY have no claim to Jim Brown, while the Titans have technical claim to all the Oilers players.

My entire point is that if you take the legality out of it, there is a very clear line in the sand. Earl belongs to HOU. Its not really up to debate 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

My entire point is that if you take the legality out of it, there is a very clear line in the sand. Earl belongs to HOU. Its not really up to debate 

And how do you feel about this then:

3 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

Out of curiosity, since the Rams were originally a Cleveland team, how to you handle that move?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You missed the part where IDGAF about what was negotiated in the the transition. Earl is a Texan. He is an Austinite and a Houstonian. Pretending he reps the Titans is a lie. No one, literally no one, thinks of him as a part of your team.

You missed the part where his number is retired under our franchise.

Earl Campbell is just as much a part of our franchise as Warren Moon, Mike Munchak, and Bruce Matthews. Him playing high school football in Texas doesn't change that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

Anyone who achieved anything for that franchise did it for that city. 

I'll say this - Kurt Warner isn't an Los Angeles legend, IMO. Neither is Marshall Faulk, Isaac Bruce or Torry Holt. Much like how Eric Dickerson didn't do anything for St Louis.

I fully understand the technicalities behind each claim, but I go by the city/state a player played in.

• Like 1

Just now, dtait93 said:

You missed the part where his number is retired under our franchise.

Earl Campbell is just as much a part of our franchise as Warren Moon, Mike Munchak, and Bruce Matthews. Him playing high school football in Texas doesn't change that.

This is stupid. And if your franchise is recognizing Texans than good for them, but it has ish to do with Tennessee. They are dumb also.