Can we name every team's best player ever?

Hunter2_1

Just now, dtait93 said:

Correct. But the organization is the same and therefore belongs to us, not the Houston Texans - even if it does feel disingenuous.

This is all I need you to acknowledge. I get the legality, but this is akin to stripping Bush/USC of their accolades. It's understood.. on paper.

However, real time and history doesn't exist on paper.

• Like 1

I think I agree with most on the first page.  Some I'd modify:

Atlanta Falcons -  Tommy Nobis or Deion Sanders

Carolina Panthers - Julius Peppers

Green Bay Packers - Bart Starr

Jacksonville Jaguars - Tony Boselli or Fred Taylor

Kansas City Chiefs - Derrick Thomas

Los Angeles Chargers - Ladainian Tomlinson

Minnesota Vikings - Fran Tarkenton

Oakland Raiders - Marcus Allen

Philadelphia Eagles - Chuck Bednarik or Reggie White

Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Derrick Brooks or Warren Sapp

Tennessee Titans - Steve McNair (Earl Campbell)

Washington Redskins - Darrell Green

• Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 11:15 AM, Mr Bad Example said:

Jets - Revis? Maybe it's me, but I think it says something about the perpetual state of the franchise that I'm having a tough time thinking of a long-term NYJ player that was great. Namath is overrated IMO, so maybe Don Maynard? 

On 11/17/2019 at 10:01 PM, Uncle Buck said:

How about Mark Gastineau?  I don't know how long he played for the Jets, but I do recall him being a very good pass rusher.

For the Ravens, I disagree on Ray Lewis.  He was great, but nobody can surpass "Playoff-Flacco".   :D

It's Namath and it's not even close. He won the only SB for the franchise, is a HOF QB, and was one of the best QBs in his era. Revis didn't win us anything except 2nd place in the AFC.

10 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

It's Namath and it's not even close. He won the only SB for the franchise, is a HOF QB, and was one of the best QBs in his era. Revis didn't win us anything except 2nd place in the AFC.

Fair enough.  The earliest Super Bowl I can remember watching is Super Bowl 4, so I just missed the glory of Joe Namath living up to his prediction and winning it all.  You know more about the history of your team than I do, so I'll definitely go with your opinion on Namath.

Only ones I have a clear disagreement with are Titans and Redskins.

Should be Bruce Matthews (or Ken Houston) instead of Eddie George for the Titans

Redskins to me is unquestionably Sammy Baugh

I'd also say Alworth doesn't have a great claim over Ladanian Tomlinson but it could be made

And I say this as a Texans fan

Earl Campbell is 100% a rep of the Titans. It's the franchise not the city that matters. Otherwise you couldn't count Unitas as the Colts or Faulk as the Rams or Tomlinson as the Chargers for instance. It just doesn't make sense. The only reason this even seems different is because they changed their name and a new team plays in Houston. None of that has any relevance to what franchise the player played for.