Teams with different starting QB in 2020?

DoleINGout

1 minute ago, Elky said:

Not sure how a better defense will fix Jameis' turnover issues. Arians didn't draft Jameis and he's shown he can make any decent quarterback look like a stud (Carson Palmer).

I think Arians is on record as saying he think Winston is a decent quarterback. Not saying a better defense would correct Winston's turnovers just that Arians might feel more compelled to stick with him with a better defense to surround him with. I wouldn't be surprised if Arians trusts his own tutorship and coaching almost to a fault with Winston.

58 minutes ago, Elky said:

Washington: Dwayne Haskins - This pick was all Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen. Haskins isn't going anywhere.

Miami: Tua Tagovailoa - His hip will be fine by draft day. With the rise of Joe Burrow, Tua could very well be the second QB taken.

Cincinnati: Joe Burrow - Cincinnati is on pace for the first overall pick and Burrow is the favorite.

New York Jets: Sam Darnold will be their starting quarterback for at least a few more years.

Chicago: Matt Nagy and Ryan Price are going to live and die by Trubisky.

Denver: Cam Newton - I don't think Drew Lock ever starts in this league because he's just that bad. Elway can't go into next season with Brandon Allen as his top quarterback.

Jacksonville: Nick Foles - Jacksonville is stuck with Foles.

Adding Tampa to the list. Jameis is good as done here. If they can't land Cam, I can see them going after Teddy Bridgewater.

Panthers are either going to be starting one of those rookie QBs or keeping Cam.  No team would go into a season with Kyle Allen as the starter. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

Panthers are either going to be starting one of those rookie QBs or keeping Cam.  No team would go into a season with Kyle Allen as the starter. 

Because they won't be picking high, Carolina is probably going to roll with a competition between Allen, a retread like Andy Dalton a non-first round rookie (Fromm?).

2 hours ago, Elky said:

SAD!

Yes it is sad that our last GM ignored the OL for years and failed to add weapons on offense. But if you take away the Patriots game, Darnold has a 98 QB rating. He was awful that game and overmatched, but that is not a true indicator of how he is. The good thing about him is he forgets those kind of games and was able to bounce back. The bad thing is he will try to force plays and throw a INT at times. But then there will be times where he runs around and throws a dime that many QBs can't do. Fact is hes a 22 yr old QB on a awful team, when our offense is going its cause Darnold is carrying them. He has no run game to lean on, a OL that may have 4-5 new starters next year. His greatest strengths are also his weakness, sometimes he tries to do too much to get them back into the game and throws INTs. 

Maccagnan constructed a team the way you shouldn't. Have bad CBs, bad Edge, bad OL, and limited WRs.  And draft interior DL round 1 half the time. 

Edited by NYJets4716

4 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Yes it is sad that our last GM ignored the OL for years and failed to add weapons on offense. But if you take away the Patriots game, Darnold has a 98 QB rating. He was awful that game and overmatched, but that is not a true indicator of how he is. The good thing about him is he forgets those kind of games and was able to bounce back. The bad thing is he will try to force plays and throw a INT at times. But then there will be times where he runs around and throws a dime that many QBs can't do. Fact is hes a 22 yr old QB on a awful team, when our offense is going its cause Darnold is carrying them. He has no run game to lean on, a OL that may have 4-5 new starters next year. His greatest strengths are also his weakness, sometimes he tries to do too much to get them back into the game and throws INTs. 

Maccagnan constructed a team the way you shouldn't. Have bad CBs, bad Edge, bad OL, and limited WRs.  And draft interior DL round 1 half the time. 

Darnold is average at best.

59 minutes ago, Elky said:

Because they won't be picking high, Carolina is probably going to roll with a competition between Allen, a retread like Andy Dalton a non-first round rookie (Fromm?).

Why would they trade for Dalton, a similarly priced QB, rather than keep Cam?  That would be dumb.  Panthers if they get rid of Cam are gonna be rebuilding, not trading draft capital for an even older QB.  Unless you think the Bengals are gonna release him outright, which makes it even more unlikely.  Other teams would offer way more money. 

We also drafted Grier last year, so it’s either a 1st round QB or otherwise may as well keep Grier

Cam isn’t going anywhere unless we get a 1st round QB

18 minutes ago, flyguy1609 said:

what about Tennessee? you think they stick with Ryan Tannehill or do you think they make a switch?

They're right there, (203 points for), near the bottom with the Steelers (200) and Chargers, (207). I don't expect the Steelers to necessarily go after a high draft pick QB again so soon. The Chargers however are projected to go after a quarterback I would think. The Titans are mediocre at best with Ryan Tannehill so perhaps they will hold off another season too.

2 hours ago, iknowcool said:

Why would they trade for Dalton, a similarly priced QB, rather than keep Cam?  That would be dumb.  Panthers if they get rid of Cam are gonna be rebuilding, not trading draft capital for an even older QB.  Unless you think the Bengals are gonna release him outright, which makes it even more unlikely.  Other teams would offer way more money. 

We also drafted Grier last year, so it’s either a 1st round QB or otherwise may as well keep Grier

Cam isn’t going anywhere unless we get a 1st round QB

General consensus is that Cam is moving on regardless of what happens.

I thought Dalton was in a contract year, but I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't let go considering he was benched and wasn't happy he wasn't traded. Even if he goes somewhere else, it's completely reasonable that Carolina would have a 3 way competition between said retread, Allen and a rookie. Will Grier isn't in the conversation because he's terrible and could be cut next offseason.

Edited by Elky

1 hour ago, Elky said:

General consensus is that Cam is moving on regardless of what happens.

I thought Dalton was in a contract year, but I'd be pretty shocked if he wasn't let go considering he was benched and wasn't happy he wasn't traded. Even if he goes somewhere else, it's completely reasonable that Carolina would have a 3 way competition between said retread, Allen and a rookie. Will Grier isn't in the conversation because he's terrible and could be cut next offseason.

Consensus among who? Nobody has any insider information.  It’s just speculation based on him going to IR.

Could we cut him, yes, but there’s no reason we would do it without a good backup plan.  Panthers cutting Cam to save money and signing an older Dalton for about the same money, if not more (FA QBs always get paid regardless of skill level), is not a backup plan.  And the only reason we would cut Cam is to save money.

LIS, if Panthers get rid of Cam, they almost certainly with a new staff would trade up for one of the QBs.  Otherwise there’s no point in getting rid of him just to sign another similarity priced QB... especially if it’s Dalton.

What team has ever gotten rid of a quality QB just for the sake of saving money without a plan?  It would just be dumb.  I get we could let him go, but we aren’t going to do it unless we are confident we can get Tua or another 1st round QB.  Otherwise we’re going into 2020 with what would probably the leagues worst full time starter in Kyle Allen, and that’s just something no team would do when the alternative is keep Newton.  There’s a reason Ravens kept Flacco until they found an actual alternative.  

Edited by iknowcool

2 minutes ago, Split the Sticks said:

Why? This is his best season, IMO. 

Oh it absolutely has been. I’m worried about his back. 2nd straight year that he’s been dealing with broken bones in his back. Couple that with his wife’s health issues and young children at home as well as being with Detroit and it just feels like it could be the end. 

• Like 1