Weekly Bets Thread

BStanRamFan

30 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I'm wondering whether or not to attack the white catch props when they come out. With Tampas oline woes you'd think they'd wanna dump the ball out quick.

The problem is Fournette's back.   So good luck trying to figure out what the timeshare is going to be like.    Fournette may not have as much juice as White, but remember Bowles & Leftwich have already said they'd go with the hot hand.   So who knows how that translates.

One painful lesson I keep having to re-learn - don't make assumptions about roles coming off injury.    I did it when Njoku got hurt with Harrison Bryant on prime time (and then on Njoku's 1st game back - a big reason why I stayed away from Watson's first game back).     

It's literally a coin-flip knowledge-wise who's getting more work tonight.     Which is fine, but then the odds better support better than coin flip odds - and that's the problem, they don't.  It's also why TD props work, especially with +300 or longer odds - over the long run, the payout exceeds the probability = profit (I'm literally running at 20 percent, but with so many hitting at +600 or better, and a couple 2-TD winners, mega-profit).    For example, take the Callaway +1000 play.   Maybe I'm wrong, and Trautman gets all the RZ Juwan looks & patterns.   But even if I'm "only" right 1/4 of the time, at +1000, I'm 2.5x the implied probability.  

It's also why the alt lines are profitable, hitting at .500 rates is getting +++ value given the +200 or better odds on each alt line I often pick out.   But back to Fournette/White - unless you have inside info which gives you a 60+ percent certainty, you're betting at worse than coin flip odds with only coin-flip pre-existing knowledge.   It sucks if you would have guessed right, but I'd rather find out more info, and then adjust next week if there's value.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 3

Been making a killing this year on live td bets. Last night I hit Gallup +380 and Pierce at +800, lost on Ferguson +2200..

Listening to the broadcast can help, the coaches sometimes tip their hands in terms of strategy or specific players that will be targeted. Or it's about knowing the teams you are watching and their tendencies. For example, Rodgers wanted Cobb early and tried forcing a couple bad decisions to him. That one missed, but I figured Tyreek would score in the 2nd half ybe way Gipson was playing and leaped at +400

Edit- Just read broncofans above post and it goes well this this, actually. I always go for value with these live bets and mostly look for teams playing from behind

Edited by adamq

22 hours ago, Broncofan said:

For MNF I have 5 plays:  

ATS / ML

NO +3.5 or NO +160I’m taking both.   Just a case of bad matchups and TAm OL being decimated hurting TB12 again.  Don’t trust the race enough as we may not see teams get past 20 pts.      

PLAYER PROPS

Chris Olave o59.5 Rec yds 2U - I won’t lie if Jameis was starting I’d go with the 3.5U play.   But I just can’t trust Dalton enough to do anything but the main prop at 2U.  

Chris Godwin o67.5 Rec yds - Same issue of trust except it’s the OL.   

TD PROPS

Marquez Callaway +1000 / +10000 2+ (0.8U / 0.2U) DK  - with Juwan Johnson out I think we’ll see more Callaway in the RZ as a target not necessarily more Trautman (he blocks a lot)   

Cade Otton +700 FD - Brate is back but Otton gets his share of RZ snaps and TB12 still looks his way.      

That’s it for now.  BOL!

WIth news that Shaheed is Q with a back issue, and 3 TAM DB's are doubtful, 1 revision & 1 longshot TD addition:

-Taking the Chris Olave 80+ rec yd +200 & 100+ rec yd 0.5U on FD alt lines with the Bucs secondary still in trouble.  ESP with Vea & Hicks back for TAM's DL, has to be more of a pass O.    Please don't get concussed, and please, if Dalton's ineffective - get Jameis in there.

-Given Juwan Johnson is out, the other big body to look for - Kevin White at +2100 0.5U FD.

Edited by Broncofan
WHITE voided
  • Like 1

.2 on Krull at +4700 because why not. He had been out there a couple times in jumbo running routes.

nothing else feels great right now to me, Ingram +1500 b/c hes outsnapping Kamara but still I'll pass. Will be watching Godwin's line as it gets closer to the 4th q though.

Edit- this guy is a good follow if you care about live snap counts

Edited by adamq