Current Running Backs, and Wide Receivers That are Hall of Famers

bigbadbuff23835

RB: 

1. Adrian Peterson

Jamaal Charles didn't play long enough and didn't have a spectacular playoff career (not his fault). Marshawn Lynch was never the best half back in the league and didn't have any historical seasons. Lesean McCoy could've made it and still could, but playing in the small market of Buffalo doesn't help someone who's borderline at best.

WR:

1. Larry Fitzgerald

2. Antonio Brown

3. Julio Jones

Guys not mentioned that are off to a good start but have a long way to go: AJ Green, Leveon Bell, David Johnson, OBJ.

If it's strictly a list of guys who would make it if they retired today then it's just Adrian Peterson and Larry Fitzgerald.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Guys not mentioned that are off to a good start but have a long way to go: AJ Green, Leveon Bell, David Johnson, OBJ.

If it's strictly a list of guys who would make it if they retired today then it's just Adrian Peterson and Larry Fitzgerald.

David Johnson literally has been relevant for 1 season and hes already hurt for the year. He doesnt belong anywhere near a HOF discussion.

Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson are the only locks. Julio and Brown need about 4 more seasons at their current level to get to the HOF discussion.

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

David Johnson literally has been relevant for 1 season and hes already hurt for the year. He doesnt belong anywhere near a HOF discussion.

Larry Fitzgerald, Adrian Peterson are the only locks. Julio and Brown need about 4 more seasons at their current level to get to the HOF discussion.

Dude has played two years and has 32 TD's. That's a good start. But by all means continue to misread posts.

22 minutes ago, The BILLievers said:

If Shady McCoy eclipses 12k yards in his career than he's definitely on that list. He's almost @ 10k.

.McCoy would have to do ALOT from this point on for him to even be in consideration, and I don't see that happening at the age 29. In fact, if he gets in then Matt Forte should as well. Which won't/shouldn't happen either imo.

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

.McCoy would have to do ALOT from this point on for him to even be in consideration, and I don't see that happening at the age 29. In fact, if he gets in then Matt Forte should as well. Which won't/shouldn't happen either imo.

You won't put him in if he's over 12k yards?

37 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

You won't put him in if he's over 12k yards?

That's nearly 3000 yards away and so I don't see that happening anyhow. But just for the sake of argument, if he does. I still wouldn't. A) He has never been considered the best back in the league in any given season. 2) There are a bunch of RB's that are still waiting that I would personally group him with which would create a major backlog at the position. 

I think Antonio Brown is a very safe bet to get in. He already has 3 1st Team All Pro Selections. The only receivers since 1970 who have more than 3 for their whole career are Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Terrell Owens. If he gets another nod this year it'll be tough to leave him out, considering an elite season this year and four more solid ones get him in or very near the top ten all time in receiving yards. 

Don't see it with any RBs besides Peterson. Closest is Gore who I don't think gets there. Don't see a path for Charles or McCoy to turn in a stronger case than Gore.  The best bet is honestly Zeke, since he has a very real chance to have 6-7 years as a top 1-2 back in the league. LeVeon could do the same by absolutely dominating three or four straight years, but at 25 he doesn't have the same opportunity that Zeke does. Everyone older is knocked by how much non-Peterson parity there was year to year among RBs over the last ten years. 

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

4 more years at Browns current level (averaging 1578.75 yards a year over the past 4 seasons) put's him 7th all time in receiving yards (8th if Fitz gets like 300 or so yards by then) and (at an average of 120.25 receptions per season) 4th all time in receptions (5th if Witten gets like 30 receptions by then). Now, he's weak on TD's so he would only be at 93 by then which is good for 12th place but there are like 3 or 5 guys who also end up in that ballpark by then.

I guess my point is, AB isn't 4 more years from HOF discussion because in 4 years at his current pace he will be in "best WR ever not named Rice, Moss, or Owens" discussion.

15 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

That's nearly 3000 yards away and so I don't see that happening anyhow. But just for the sake of argument, if he does. I still wouldn't. A) He has never been considered the best back in the league in any given season. 2) There are a bunch of RB's that are still waiting that I would personally group him with which would create a major backlog at the position. 

Really? He's forsure going over 1k this season and next season. That puts him less than 1,000 yards away and 12k easily in sight? And yes he's never been considered the BEST rb but he's always been elite. He's way better than Forte / Gore / etc, don't be foolish.

Archived