GDT: Jags (4-6) @ Titans -3 (5-5)

ragevsuall17

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

Any reason why Henry does so well against the Jags Dline but not the Colts? 

Actually going back to '17 he's averaged 6.89, 6.08, 5.11, 5.81, and 5.47 ypc against them... That's almost 6 yards a pop against them the past 5 games. Unfortunately he's only gotten 19, 13, 9, 15, and 15 carries in those games... Surprising given that we won the first 2 of this and were close this year... 

32 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

The numbers that stick out there are the number of plays... We had 53 offensive snaps and the defense had 84?! I know we had a couple of quick scores, but how does that big a disparity happen?! 

I think we had 3 drives where we scored in 1 play didn't we? I can't remember of the AJ Brown TD was the first play of the drive or not, so maybe only 2. Add in them going against a prevent defense with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and they're going to have a lot of plays.

1 hour ago, TitanSS said:

I think we had 3 drives where we scored in 1 play didn't we? I can't remember of the AJ Brown TD was the first play of the drive or not, so maybe only 2. Add in them going against a prevent defense with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter and they're going to have a lot of plays.

as crazy as it is, we've led the NFL in both explosive pass rate and explosive run rate since tanny took over. the true acid test for art imo is gonna be what he does when those explosives stop coming. that could happen as soon as next week.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Wake has been a solid piece but I don’t think he’s been all that special. Really need to find that OLB opposite of Landry.

I think I saw Mike Herndon tweet a response to someone that Wake was 8th in the NFL in pressure rate this season.

12 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Solid but not finishing, sounds like Morgan.

Still impacts the play. Morgan was not someone getting consistent pressure.

Our defense could definitely use an elite rusher, but I think he's pretty good to have in the meantime.

Personally, I think pressures are more important than sacks. If a defender plays 1000 snaps in a season, I don't think you could say their season was a success based on getting 10 sacks. What about the other 990 plays? 

Both are important, but I find it more important to influence more plays. Sometimes you get sacks just by being lucky and cleaning up.

7 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Personally, I think pressures are more important than sacks. If a defender plays 1000 snaps in a season, I don't think you could say their season was a success based on getting 10 sacks. What about the other 990 plays

Both are important, but I find it more important to influence more plays. Sometimes you get sacks just by being lucky and cleaning up.

I mean who says they’re not getting pressures on the other plays?

8 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Personally, I think pressures are more important than sacks. If a defender plays 1000 snaps in a season, I don't think you could say their season was a success based on getting 10 sacks. What about the other 990 plays? 

Yeah, but also getting 1 pressure in 3 snaps played all game isn't impressive either. 

Obviously I'm being facetious, but his limited snap count just isn't justifying his contract. He's played his last Titan game.