Propose A Trade Thread

the lone star

Thunder Get:  Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Dwight Powell, An unprotected first round pick in 2026, First round pick swaps in 2020 and 2022 (likely with the picks OKC got from the Clippers), and $5.6 million cash
Mavericks Get: Steven Adams, Danilo Gallinari

Who says no?

Edited by the lone star

3 hours ago, the lone star said:

Thunder Get:  Tim Hardaway Jr., Courtney Lee, Dwight Powell, An unprotected first round pick in 2026, First round pick swaps in 2020 and 2022 (likely with the picks OKC got from the Clippers), and $5.6 million cash

Who says no?

Mavs can also add a pick swap for 2024 if the Thunder are still on the fence about it.

However, Gallo is 31 and on an expiring deal, so the Mavs would have to lock him up for the next 2 seasons, or maybe even give him more than that, if he comes down on the annual average salary. 2 years is probably the sweet spot, and is ideal since Luka is due an extension 3 years from now. Although I do hope Luka signs for the qualifying offer, and then receives a 5 year super max extension after that. I'm not sure if it's legal to do that, but that'd be nice of him to give the team another year at a cheap price.

But it's not like it's my money being spent, lol.

As for the Thunder, they lower their cap this season, get money to buy-out Lee or anyone else on the team, a 2026 first round pick to fit their timeline, and the pick swaps will probably take place because I think the Clippers will be seeded higher than the Mavs.  

9 hours ago, the lone star said:

Who says no?

Adams contract is not very desirable, and Gallinari is expiring.  I'm not sure what the Mavs are getting out of this trade.  If they want a Center that bad why wouldn't they go after Drummond?

On 12/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, MKnight82 said:

Adams contract is not very desirable, and Gallinari is expiring.  I'm not sure what the Mavs are getting out of this trade.  If they want a Center that bad why wouldn't they go after Drummond?

They could go after Drummond, but I doubt they'll be able to get him. They'd have to get creative with what they can give Detroit. Right now they can't trade a first round pick that can be used at anytime earlier than 2026. However, they can find a way to give the Pistons a net gain of 2 first round draft picks if they do the following.

1.) Remove the 2023 protections on the pick they gave to the Knicks. That way it definitely conveys in 2023 and not 2024.
2.) Ask the Pistons to send them first round picks in 2021, 23, and 25.
3.) Send the Pistons first round picks in 2020, 22, 24, and 26.

But those Pistons picks will be higher than the Mavs picks, so it won't really work out that well. Not to mention that the Mavs would most likely have to include Brunson and Justin Jackson into the deal, both of whom I think the team should keep for now.

On 12/2/2019 at 9:12 AM, MKnight82 said:

Adams' contract is up in 2 years, and it's more desirable than THJ's.

Gallo is an expiring, sure, but that might also be a good thing. The team could let him walk, sign him for less annual money, or flip him in a trade later on in the year to a team that wants to get rid of someone on a longer deal. However, the deal would have to expire at the end of the 2021-22 season, since that's when Luka is due his extension.

If the Mavs let Gallo walk, then they will for sure have the Non-Taxpayer's MLE at their disposal, which they can use on a guy like Dragic or maybe even Bertans.

And let's not forget that Courtney Lee's an expiring contract right now, so the primary structure is still an even swap in terms of contract length. But of course, that doesn't include Dwight Powell's 4 year deal. That might not appeal to OKC, but that's why the Mavs will have to throw in cash and pick swaps.

On December 2, 2019 at 4:15 AM, the lone star said:

Chris Paul to the Pistons so he can be reunited with Blake.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y4cb8mp7

No way.  It didn't work when they were 5 years younger, won't work now.  I'd rather take our chances with Deumboya panning out. 

Id rather see the Pistons move Drummond and try to move Blake if anyone would take him.  Also maybe send Kennard for a pick now that he is improving enough to help a contender and then start rebuilding from scratch. 

12 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

No way.  It didn't work when they were 5 years younger, won't work now.  I'd rather take our chances with Deumboya panning out. 

Id rather see the Pistons move Drummond and try to move Blake if anyone would take him.  Also maybe send Kennard for a pick now that he is improving enough to help a contender and then start rebuilding from scratch. 

Teams will be interested in Drummond and Blake for sure.

And yeah, it didn't work out, but they were still pretty good, and that was in the West too.

Celtics trade Kanter and Theis and their entire bench except for Javonte Green, Tremont Waters, and Tacko Fall. Plus a pick or two.

Celtics get Kevin Love

Somehow, someway, Ainge will attempt it.

Even if it takes a three or four teams to complete.

If not Love, then plan B is Myles Turner I'm guessing. Similar scenario to the proposed Love trade but less money/players required for cap purposes in order for the Celtics to complete it.

http://tradenba.com/trades/B1uHGFdaH

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Celtics trade Kanter and Theis and their entire bench except for Javonte Green, Tremont Waters, and Tacko Fall. Plus a pick or two.

Celtics get Kevin Love

If not Love, then plan B is Myles Turner I'm guessing. Similar scenario to the proposed Love trade but less money/players required for cap purposes in order for the Celtics to complete it.

And without trading Gordon Hayward either who has been their sixth man/bench player when healthy.

Kemba Walker/Tremont Waters

Marcus Smart/Javonte Green

Jaylen Brown/Gordon Hayward

Jayson Tatum

Kevin Love/Tacko Fall

Then sign some G league players to fill out the roster. Not ideal but I don't put it past Ainge.

6 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

And without trading Gordon Hayward either who has been their sixth man/bench player when healthy.

Kemba Walker/Tremont Waters

Marcus Smart/Javonte Green

Jaylen Brown/Gordon Hayward

Jayson Tatum

Kevin Love/Tacko Fall

Then sign some G league players to fill out the roster. Not ideal but I don't put it past Ainge.

Nice looking Eastern Conference runner-up you got there.

19 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Celtics get Kevin Love

Why do the Pacers and Cavs do the deal though?