TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

4 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

Has it ever been revealed what alternate account @Webmaster uses when he wants to post about football and what team he roots for?

Don't have an alt account.   I spend 12+ hours a day on here administrating the forum.  Do you think I'd want to spend my free time posting with an alt account?  I do enjoy football and play fantasy football so I read and enjoy many of the posts on the forum while working here.  

3 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Don't have an alt account.   I spend 12+ hours a day on here administrating the forum.  Do you think I'd want to spend my free time posting with an alt account?  I do enjoy football and play fantasy football so I read and enjoy many of the posts on the forum while working here.  

Which team do you root for (or grew up rooting for) ?

I'm guessing it's the Cowboys.

46 minutes ago, Webmaster said:

Oh, this is going to be like an AMA for Webby? Okay, I will bite.

Whenever the next NFL commissioner is chosen (I suspect it will be before the next CBA), will you change your icon to mirror that individual? I ask since the current logo has a striking resemblance to Goodell.

And a follow up, who do you want to sit on the Iron Throne? (There ARE wrong answers to this). 

15 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

who do you want to sit on the Iron Throne? (There ARE wrong answers to this). 

That was originally asked of Webby, but I want to play.  While there ARE wrong answers, there really is no right answer either.  Everyone is flawed.  Here are my thoughts, in order from worst to first...

Cersei - She is single handedly the most ruthless and heartless person in the 7 kingdoms.  She does not care about the people she rules or even those she supposedly cares about. She wants it the most but deserves it the least.   

Daenerys - She is almost as ruthless and heartless as Cersei.  She wants the throne because it is her birth right but comes across as a self entitled little *****.  She sometimes cares about the people she rules. Yet, she doesn't realize that ruling with an iron fist and using the dragons to get what she wants makes her not much better than Cersei. 

Jon - He cares about his followers, almost to a fault. He reluctantly wants the throne.  Not because he wants to rule, but because he knows the other people involved are pretty crappy options.

Tyrion - He cares about the people and just wants what is best for everyone. He doesn't want the throne but would probably be the best ruler. He'd rather live his life in bed with beautiful women and casks of wine.  He is far more intelligent than anyone else in the hunt for the throne. Yet, he is the least likely to end up on it. Unless he finds a stepstool.

Just now, WizardHawk said:

Someday I should sit down and watch GoT once. Sounds interesting. 

Its the greatest fictional story ever told. Its truly incredible. But you have to go in with no filters. Full of incest, violence and shock value. 

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its the greatest fictional story ever told. Its truly incredible. But you have to go in with no filters. Full of incest, violence and shock value. 

Yeah, think I might be the only person among my friends, co-workers and family that doesn't watch it. I'm pretty much a black sheep. lol

I am furious at last nights episode.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:50 AM, htfryar said:

That was originally asked of Webby, but I want to play.  While there ARE wrong answers, there really is no right answer either.  Everyone is flawed.  Here are my thoughts, in order from worst to first...

Cersei - She is single handedly the most ruthless and heartless person in the 7 kingdoms.  She does not care about the people she rules or even those she supposedly cares about. She wants it the most but deserves it the least.   

Daenerys - She is almost as ruthless and heartless as Cersei.  She wants the throne because it is her birth right but comes across as a self entitled little *****.  She sometimes cares about the people she rules. Yet, she doesn't realize that ruling with an iron fist and using the dragons to get what she wants makes her not much better than Cersei. 

Jon - He cares about his followers, almost to a fault. He reluctantly wants the throne.  Not because he wants to rule, but because he knows the other people involved are pretty crappy options.

Tyrion - He cares about the people and just wants what is best for everyone. He doesn't want the throne but would probably be the best ruler. He'd rather live his life in bed with beautiful women and casks of wine.  He is far more intelligent than anyone else in the hunt for the throne. Yet, he is the least likely to end up on it. Unless he finds a stepstool.

I suspect 3 of the ones you listed will absolutely die.

All hail Gendry, the first of his name.

19 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

How are you furious at last nights episode? The snow walk was one of the best scenes in the show. It was too cheesy though, Dany should not have shown up like that.

It was dumb.

Idea: Let's show my insane sister an undead creature. That will make things better. Somehow?

Band of Men: Let's go look for a small(ish) group of W.W., so we can just steal one. Never mind this makes no sense. OH ****! A Bear. Oh, look our luck is awesome. Small Group...wait...large group. Crap. Gendry, run boy! Only don't have any weapon to defend yourself in the event there is another bear. Good luck! Boy, isn't our luck swell that this lake is here and it is weak. This gives us plenty of time for Gendry to run for hours. A Raven to fly for days. And Dany to fly back. Which, by the way, Dany with her weapons of mass destruction - never once considers to target the Others. Master of strategy she is not. Night King has the best QB arm ever. Jon Snow fighting random stupid W.W. was dumb. Him coming out of the ice just to be saved by Benjen who in the process dies is dumb. Him not staying in the North and instead going south to parlay with Cersie is dumb.

///side show///

Arya and Sansa having the dumbest fight sisters could have is grating. Arya is a trained assassin. Sansa is a lady. And they are talking about things that happened in season 1.

Awful, awful writing.

Only the Hound and Tormund were enjoyable. Worst episode of the season.

Archived