TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I dont feel like we have enough posters/post to actually make it meaningful, personally. I might be all alone in that opinion though.

Hopefully we'll start getting an influx of old/new guys to get things going again. 

I'd like to see us start having some good conversation on here to draw in new members and bring back the vets of the forum. So if you guys have any ideas, feel free to go ahead with them. 

First Random Thoughts by HT on the new site...

1. Glad to see Des sporting the Mod badge again.  Nothing against Northland, but it looks good on you Des.

2. Been playing GTA Online a lot lately on Xbox One.  Screen name the same there as on here if anyone wants to play.

3. Loving this season of GoT.

4. Having a pregnant significant other is actually quite fun when she is as amazing as my fiancée.

5. Drew started 6th grade today.

6. Haven't drank any iced tea or beer since about the last time I posted one of these.

7. Been thunderstorming all day today. Wish I was at home enjoying it.

9. Drew's current favorite joke... What has 4 legs and 1 arm?  A happy pitbull.

10. My fiancées first husband was a mailman.  Too bad that happy pitbull didn't find that ******.

11. My Xterra hit 300,000 miles on the odometer.  Two days later, the starter went out.  Time to get a new ride?  Nope, just put a new starter in it.

12. I've broken 2 tempered glass screen protectors on my Galaxy S7 in the last month.  Broke none in the previous year.  WTH? 

13. Am I the only one who wonders why toothpaste has to be either mint, cinnamon or similar flavors?  Why not donut or steak or something?

14. My boss came back from her suspension and nothing has changed. Saw her on Hulu, Netflix and Facebook today. 

15. Fidget spinners annoyed the crap out of me. Until I held one. Just bought Drew one that has LED lights and Bluetooth speakers. I played with it first. LOL. 

16. My ex (Rachel) meeting my current (Catherine) was fun. Especially when Drew hugged Catherine in front of Rachel. Rachel has about 6 inches and at least 50 pounds on Catherine, but my money is on Catherine if they ever get into it.

17. In the last 9 months, I've lost about 45 pounds. I can see my toes again. Well, my toenails.  Gotta lose a bit more before I can see the whole toe. LMAO.

18. Drew and I are huge fans of the guys from Dude Perfect.  Even if they are A&M fans/alumni.

19. Super excited about Far Cry 5 & can't wait for it to come out.

20. This is usually the start of our busy time at work.  Mother Nature has hooked us up.  Mildest summer in years and lots of rain.

21. I wish I hadn't mentioned steak earlier.  Now I want one. Big time.

22. Spooning is underrated.

23. Steak

24. A steak while spooning? But, I don't want to share my steak and Catherine is a carnivorous pregnant woman.

25. Probably best not to bring steak to bed.  Might lose a finger.

26. I hope it's a girl. We already have names picked out.

27. Damn, I want a steak.

28. I'm amusing myself. I hope I amused y'all too.

29. For those who like to read, you should check out the Longmire series by Craig Johnson or the Joe Pickett series by C.J. Box.

30. There was no number 8

HT - Im losing weight too right now. Started before me and the misses split, I was already down ~20#s for the year, want to lose another 20 or so. Congrats on your weight loss.

The ex got the xbox. I will buy another one when the new version comes out in November. I havent played GTA5, so that could be a fun experience. Do you have EA Access? You can find a 1 year subscription for ~$20 online. It now has Titanfall 2 and Battlefield along with like 15 other games. Highly highly recommend. Titanfall 2 was awesome. 

GoT has been awesome this year. How come you gave up iced tea? I though that was your fav drink?

Darn it @htfryar, I even tried counting out the numbers knowing you always leave one off and I was still fooled...

I've joined the dieting trend as well. Down from 255 to 235, but I'd like to drop another 5 lbs or so. I hate working out, it bores me, so I've been doing Brazilian Jiu Jitsu over the past several months, and just got my first stripe (which may not seem like much, but it was a big deal in my mind).

Anyone on here play MW Remastered on ps4?  I got back into it this summer...only make sense I get back into FF more.  I hate my job so I will browse more.

This may be the first year in about 5 years I don't head to Dallas for the game.

Also, digging the new site.

I am on the verge of finally quitting corporate America and just going for it...or at the very least, increasing my focus during the nights and weekends to start the foundation of my own business.  It will be focused on real estate investing and I am happy to get into the details if this chat can gain some momentum but I figured I would start with some high level things first.

Pros and cons of your decision to start your own business?

Best piece or pieces of advice you can give to someone considering something like this?

Looking back from the early stages what would you have done different / changed? 

What is your business (without giving away too much detail if you don't want too)?

Any recommended reading or things of that nature that you would recommend? 

Archived