TACT XVIII: Zeke's Whacky Weekend Adventures

D82

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Just read a old article about the Lions revoking season passes of a racist fan because of something he posted on Snapchat. I don't care if the guy is racist. That's just wrong if he wasn't at the game or an employee of the team. 

I am kinda on the other side of this.

I am 100% okay with a company refusing service for whatever reason. All money is green - and if you don't want it because of who the person is, then that is your loss. 

4 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I am kinda on the other side of this.

I am 100% okay with a company refusing service for whatever reason. All money is green - and if you don't want it because of who the person is, then that is your loss. 

I would be too except for the double standard on Wedding Cakes and being sued for refusing service.

I did read that he was at the game when he posted the photo which im less inclined to take his side. H/e this is the code of conduct on how they revoked them.

The team code of conduct for fans states that tickets can be revoked for behavior including inappropriate behavior toward others, such as using foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

That seems to be pretty broad considering there is no set border here. Him still being on social media, I wonder if he would have a case to sue considering snapchat is not property of the Detroit Lions and therefore the insults did not actually take place at the game.

Notice im steering this conversation towards a legal debate instead of a political one because I brought it up without thinking. :oops:

37 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I would be too except for the double standard on Wedding Cakes and being sued for refusing service.

I did read that he was at the game when he posted the photo which im less inclined to take his side. H/e this is the code of conduct on how they revoked them.

That seems to be pretty broad considering there is no set border here. Him still being on social media, I wonder if he would have a case to sue considering snapchat is not property of the Detroit Lions and therefore the insults did not actually take place at the game.

Notice im steering this conversation towards a legal debate instead of a political one because I brought it up without thinking. :oops:

No, but see, I don't care about litigating grievances. 

A customer has a right to boycott, start a real or fictitious social-media war against any company. And rightfully so. If you run your business like a jackwagon, I am fully okay with the mob destroying you.

But on the other side of the coin. I don't care if people are denied services. You know why? Because if you are that much of a Goodell, I don't want you to have my money anyways. Capitalism baby, I'll find and promote your competitor.

In this Country you have a right to be a huge richard.  But don't think I am going to enable that. 

If I owned a business, I could not care in the slightest bit about your personal life. Or your views on anything. I'll serve you. Because your money is valued the same.

...now, you start sitting down and talking about the glory of Maduro or being a major lowlife and making other customers feel uncomfortable, you bet your *** I will give you the boot. 

But aside from that, pay me for the services provided and have a nice day.

7 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

No, but see, I don't care about litigating grievances. 

A customer has a right to boycott, start a real or fictitious social-media war against any company. And rightfully so. If you run your business like a jackwagon, I am fully okay with the mob destroying you.

But on the other side of the coin. I don't care if people are denied services. You know why? Because if you are that much of a Goodell, I don't want you to have my money anyways. Capitalism baby, I'll find and promote your competitor.

In this Country you have a right to be a huge richard.  But don't think I am going to enable that. 

Wait, in both of these statements it still seems like you are still talking about the customer. Because of the sentence that is underlined. 

Again I would agree with you, but there still seems to be a double standard on who can be denied services and who should not. The guy was taking his insults to social media. Do the Lions really have the right to deny someone at that point? I mean lets put it this way, if I was having a bad day and I go to a Starbucks and don't get the latte I wanted. I go on a tirade (but im not even being racist) just hurling regular insults about piss poor service or someone being stupid or what not. Someone's recording, makes it go viral. If Jerry Jones looks at this, and hears through some other means that I have tickets to a Cowboys game. Does he have the right to revoke my tickets?

The team code of conduct for fans states that tickets can be revoked for behavior including inappropriate behavior toward others, such as using foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.

Thats the code of conduct again. By this statement here, if the Cowboys follow the same one. They technically could.  I think there is a issue here that they over stepped their bounds. 

2 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Wait, in both of these statements it still seems like you are still talking about the customer. Because of the sentence that is underlined. 

Again I would agree with you, but there still seems to be a double standard on who can be denied services and who should not. The guy was taking his insults to social media. Do the Lions really have the right to deny someone at that point? I mean lets put it this way, if I was having a bad day and I go to a Starbucks and don't get the latte I wanted. I go on a tirade (but im not even being racist) just hurling regular insults about piss poor service or someone being stupid or what not. Someone's recording, makes it go viral. If Jerry Jones looks at this, and hears through some other means that I have tickets to a Cowboys game. Does he have the right to revoke my tickets?

Thats the code of conduct again. By this statement here, if the Cowboys follow the same one. They technically could.  I think there is a issue here that they over stepped their bounds. 

I don't care about a double standard - because I think this is how it should be universally.

If, as a business, I foolishly don't want your money. That is on me. A customer is able to have a public outcry because of my refusals, but I should be allowed to refuse whoever for whatever.

I am in business, presumably, to make money. Otherwise it seems like I have a hobby.

In my capacity at work, I have refused to hire someone because they posted garbage on twitter about how much they hate their skanky boss. I don't want someone with so little self-awareness to impact the brand and business. You want to vent? Call a friend. Talk to your lover. Write in a journal. If you say something stupid on social media you are only giving others ammo to use against you.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be mighty pissed if I paid for something and then was denied that thing. But if I shoot myself in the foot, that is on me.

52 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't care about a double standard - because I think this is how it should be universally.

If, as a business, I foolishly don't want your money. That is on me. A customer is able to have a public outcry because of my refusals, but I should be allowed to refuse whoever for whatever.

I am in business, presumably, to make money. Otherwise it seems like I have a hobby.

In my capacity at work, I have refused to hire someone because they posted garbage on twitter about how much they hate their skanky boss. I don't want someone with so little self-awareness to impact the brand and business. You want to vent? Call a friend. Talk to your lover. Write in a journal. If you say something stupid on social media you are only giving others ammo to use against you.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be mighty pissed if I paid for something and then was denied that thing. But if I shoot myself in the foot, that is on me.

If you paid for a service then were denied for that service. YOu would want to sue.

Archived