Week Two: Bears (0-1) @ Bucs (0-0)

bucsfan333

I think we will take this one, not in blow out fashion last year though. Glennon will take care of the football better than Cutler. The game plan should be pretty simple on defense and we should be able to cause havoc. Their receiver play is awful in general, have no deep threats to beat you deep, and don't have a QB who can move in the pocket. I expect TB to blitz a lot this game.

Bears defensive line is stingy though. For the most part they were solid week aside from a couple guys being left wide open. It'll be a grind it out type game but eventually see the Bucs taking this game by 10.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I just wanna see some pass rush. McCoy's gonna have his hands full with the best interior line in the NFL. If he can't disrupt some plays, we might be in trouble.

Ayers and Spence should have a solid day in pass play. Guess we'll see if Baker is worth a damn.

30 minutes ago, indifference said:

Ayers and Spence should have a solid day in pass play. Guess we'll see if Baker is worth a damn.

Baker's been nothing but a mouth since we signed him. He BETTER show up.

And I agree. The Bear's interior oline is probably the best in the league, but their OTs have to be among the worst. Ayers, Spence, and (hopefully) Jacky Smith should all have a big game.

Really surprised how soft the Falcons played in pass coverage against the Bears.  I have to believe Smith will try and take away the short passing game and challenge Glennon to throw outside the hashes past 10 yards. 

On offense, I expect a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets.  I just see Koetter trying to spread the Bears out with guys lining up all over the place.  Evans and DJAX in the slot at times with Howard split wide.  I don't expect the Bears to send more then 4 too often, so the oline needs to hold up.

53 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Really surprised how soft the Falcons played in pass coverage against the Bears.  I have to believe Smith will try and take away the short passing game and challenge Glennon to throw outside the hashes past 10 yards. 

On offense, I expect a lot of 3 and 4 WR sets.  I just see Koetter trying to spread the Bears out with guys lining up all over the place.  Evans and DJAX in the slot at times with Howard split wide.  I don't expect the Bears to send more then 4 too often, so the oline needs to hold up.

I'm definitely thinking this a game where Winston is asked to throw at least 32 times. Bears secondary is dreadful but their front 7 can get after it.

10 minutes ago, indifference said:

I'm definitely thinking this a game where Winston is asked to throw at least 32 times. Bears secondary is dreadful but their front 7 can get after it.

Totally agree.  With everyone, healthy they should be able to stretch the Bears secondary with DJax and Howard.  The Bears didnt seem to have a great deal of speed.  I expect plenty of cushion.

11 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So is this the week Jaqueis Smith gets activated?   I expect to see Ward a good amount considering the Bears dedication to the run.

Ward got an extra week to learn the playbook too. 

Smith is good to go. He's been practicing. Hopefully he's close to 100%.

Archived