Regarding a Redskins tradedown, what NFL teams could possibly select a QB in RD 1?

aceinthehouse

I'm in the trade down & coup a treasure trove of Draft Picks opinion.

I think this is exactly what this team needs with a *new* Head Coach & staff coming in, as well as GM & front office.

Not to mention a franchise QB & a stable of very talented young players already here like Scary Terry, D. Guice, etc.

Obviously, we don't know what 1st Rd draft slot we will have till after the season is over. However, we currently sit @#3.

Franchise QB's are sought after every season. The draft is a way for a team to possibly get one, with a reasonable rookie cap at that position.

What teams currently, could you see drafting one, or even trading up for one?

And what teams could you see possibly surprising others, by drafting a QB in the 1st that aren't in need of one this season?

falcons could be a team as well due to matt ryan getting up there in age, also this is a long shot but with only 1 more season under contract the vikings have a big decision on what they should do with cousins and I dont think they have a lot of cap so a rookie qb could be a possible play

29 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’d add the Titans if they can’t work something out with Ryan or they don’t actually believe in him. Dark horse could be the Jags. 

I was actually thinking the Jags could be a good trade partner for us actually, If Tua proves he is Healthy and we pick one pick in front of the dolphins then I think the Jags could be a team that gives us a ransom for him. Im talking both their first this year, their 2nd rounder, and future first

ultimately I think we ened up playing ourselves out of solid draft position and win 1 or 2 of the last 3 games vs division opponents

It would help us if Miami (tied record with us) Arizona & Detroit (1/2 a game better than us) could sneak a victory over the next 3 games.

It would allow us to win 1 of 3 games & not slip past the top 5.

I personally believe if we can stay in the top 5, we'll be in a good spot for a trade down scenario.

Obviously, the higher we pick, the more booty we can coup from a desperate team.

The Raiders(2), Dolphins(3) & Jags(2) have multiple 1st rounders. If we can keep them below us in the draft order?

Not only do we have a chance for a trade down with one of them, but perhaps multiple trades concerning their interest.

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

It would help us if Miami (tied record with us) Arizona & Detroit (1/2 a game better than us) could sneak a victory over the next 3 games.

It would allow us to win 1 of 3 games & not slip past the top 5.

I personally believe if we can stay in the top 5, we'll be in a good spot for a trade down scenario.

Obviously, the higher we pick, the more booty we can coup from a desperate team.

The Raiders(2), Dolphins(3) & Jags(2) have multiple 1st rounders. If we can keep them below us in the draft order?

Not only do we have a chance for a trade down with one of them, but perhaps multiple trades concerning their interest.

If we’re not in the top 3 I don’t see anyway anyone trades up with us.  Normally I would say top 2 but I think chase young locked in as the 2nd pick.

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 7:32 PM, LoganF89 said:

I was actually thinking the Jags could be a good trade partner for us actually, If Tua proves he is Healthy and we pick one pick in front of the dolphins then I think the Jags could be a team that gives us a ransom for him. Im talking both their first this year, their 2nd rounder, and future first

ultimately I think we ened up playing ourselves out of solid draft position and win 1 or 2 of the last 3 games vs division opponents

Jags have Gardner Minshew who has shown some sort of culpability. Don't think they go after a QB in the first round. 

• Like 2

On 12/10/2019 at 8:53 PM, MKnight82 said:

If we’re not in the top 3 I don’t see anyway anyone trades up with us.  Normally I would say top 2 but I think chase young locked in as the 2nd pick.

I would absolutely hate to have Chase Young in our division let alone on the Giants wrecking havoc on this team for the next decade. 

• Like 1