Is Ryan Anderson the Most Improved Player?

turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

But guess what, McKinzy got hurt each of the last two years and Anderson stayed healthy and continued to improve as a player. 

McKinzy got a concussion before the last preseason game. So, Anderson got on the roster partially by luck. As for improvement, I will grant that since he had done nothing in his first two years. Anything is better than nothing.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Because you don't draft a backup for your stud player at his position who has never missed a game (until this year) in the second round!

How is this so hard to understand? If the idea was to groom Anderson as Kerrigan's backup, then you don't have it so their contracts completely overlap. You try to find other places to use him. They didn't or couldn't. They tried him at ROLB; he failed at that.

How hard is it to Understand We agree he is a 2nd Round Bust? His production doesn't match where he was drafted.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

A productive back. Again who the guy that's gonna replace Anderson's productivity? 

All of his stats that you point to came when he was getting more playing time due to injuries. I will take the league average replacement player to get those same stats.

He had a spectacular game against Philadelphia. That one game represents 50% of his sacks and 60% of his forced fumbles.

The rest of his career has been one of a league average replacement player.

4 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

How hard is it to Understand We agree he is a 2nd Round Bust? His production doesn't match where he was drafted.

When the person accuses me (not you, but turtle) of not understanding Anderson's purpose on the team for three years, I am going to respond as such.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

All of his stats that you point to came when he was getting more playing time due to injuries. I will take the league average replacement player to get those same stats.

He had a spectacular game against Philadelphia. That one game represents 50% of his sacks and 60% of his forced fumbles.

The rest of his career has been one of a league average replacement player.

I bet the guy you replace him with will get his stats the sameway. 

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

McKinzy got a concussion before the last preseason game. So, Anderson got on the roster partially by luck. As for improvement, I will grant that since he had done nothing in his first two years. Anything is better than nothing.

Yeah, and I think McKinley played a few games in 2018 and got hurt too.

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

I bet the guy you replace him with will get his stats the sameway. 

Okay, so if his stats are utterly replaceable, why wouldn't you pay the random replacement league minimum if he is going to net you the same result?

Further point: that Eagles game represents 33% and 60% of Anderson's career sacks and forced fumbles.

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, and I think McKinley played a few games in 2018 and got hurt too.

Okay, but if a much injured UDFA can come within a concussion of beating Anderson out for a roster spot, why is it so unheard of that a different league average player might win the spot instead? It doesn't have to be McKinzy.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, so if his stats are utterly replaceable, why wouldn't you pay the random replacement league minimum if he is going to net you the same result?

Further point: that Eagles game represents 33% and 60% of Anderson's career sacks and forced fumbles.

I said I'd restructure the deal.

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, but if a much injured UDFA can come within a concussion of beating Anderson out for a roster spot, why is it so unheard of that a different league average player might win the spot instead? It doesn't have to be McKinzy.

We're talking Redskins reserves, so technically these are below league average players.  Just want to clarify.  

12 minutes ago, Woz said:

And I don't get creating a deal that you are almost assuredly going to regret as soon as the ink is dry (paying triple for a backup), but that's just me.

How would I be paying triple? You said 10 million was too much for a backup and I said I restructure the deal. So now its like 6 million for 3 years. 

8 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

How would I be paying triple? You said 10 million was too much for a backup and I said I restructure the deal. So now its like 6 million for 3 years. 

Because Woz is pointing out that most back ups make a $1 million or less. 

Edited by turtle28