Is Ryan Anderson the Most Improved Player?

turtle28

22 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Cool but if these Street guys were/are sooo much better they would've beat Anderson the backup. Look how Bostic came in and just took over the MLB spot once signed. 

The street guys aren’t better then Anderson. 

Bostic wasn’t a street FA. He was signed after Reuben Foster tore his knee up in May. Bostic has been a starter in the NFL for 7 seasons. He started in Pittsburgh last year in their 3-4 D. He’s smart, a leader and picked up the D easily. I was actually shocked he was still a FA in May.

He’s not the greatest in coverage but it’s my opinion that he’s probably the best option for this team as a starting MLB next year. He had 101 tackles, a sack and an interception on the season. He’s a good veteran voice for a young defense and young LB room that needs that.

I don’t think they can rely on Reuben Foster to be 100% next season coming off his torn ACL and whatever other damage he did to his knee. I think he may have had some nerve damage too and at one point I thought they were worried about other issues with his leg but it ended not being as bad as they originally thought. Like literally, his football career almost ended last offseason.

As I’ve said in other threads, Holcomb is probably competing to be the SLB and maybe with Anderson or someone else they bring in. I think it was @ARTMONK HOF but I can’t remember for sure, but signing Corey Littleton to be the WLB starter would be a good idea. If not, SDH & JHC can compete for that spot. I think both will be on the team regardless if they’re starting or not next year bc they’re good special teams players and SDH is really intelligent and has shown to be good in coverage too as a nickel LB - frankly, he should have been on the field just as much, arguably more than Holcomb last year bc we were in nickel so much and Hamilton is good in coverage while Holcomb isn’t.  The decision to not have SDH on the field more was one of the worst coaching decisions by Manusky this year.

Just now, turtle28 said:

The street guys aren’t better then Anderson. 

Bostic wasn’t a street FA. He was signed after Reuben Foster tore his knee up in May. Bostic has been a starter in the NFL for 7 seasons. He started in Pittsburgh last year in their 3-4 D. He’s smart, a leader and picked up the D easily. I was actually shocked he was still a FA in May.

He’s not the greatest in coverage but it’s my opinion that he’s probably the best option for this team as a starting MLB next year. He had 101 tackles, a sack and an interception on the season. He’s a good veteran voice for a young defense and young LB room that needs that.

I don’t think they can rely on Reuben Foster to be 100% next season coming off his torn ACL and whatever other damage he did to his knee. I think he may have had some nerve damage too and at one point I thought they were worried about other issues with his leg but it ended not being as bad as they originally thought. Like literally, his football career almost ended last offseason.

As I’ve said in other threads, Holcomb is probably competing to be the SLB and maybe with Anderson or someone else they bring in. I think it was @ARTMONK HOF but I can’t remember for sure, but signing Corey Littleton to be the WLB starter would be a good idea. If not, SDH & JHC can compete for that spot. I think both will be on the team regardless if they’re starting or not next year bc they’re good special teams players and SDH is really intelligent and has shown to be good in coverage too as a nickel LB - frankly, he should have been on the field just as much, arguably more than Holcomb last year bc we were in nickel so much and Hamilton is good in coverage while Holcomb isn’t.  The decision to not have SDH on the field more was one of the worst coaching decisions by Manusky this year.

That's what I'm tryna get Woz to see. 

6 minutes ago, Woz said:

An eminently replaceable player?

No, he’s an all-around good football player. It makes me laugh when you say he’s easily - or whatever that word means - replaceable, it’s ground hog day, you and others have been saying it for 3 years. Yet, he's still there and you want to know why? Because while he may not be the fastest or most athletic, he's just a good football player. He's the type of guy that coaches want on their team.

• Like 1

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Street free agents once the season begins don't know the playbook so their value to teams is limited since taking them on midseason is tricky since you don't have time to teach them the playbook.

The same guy in April and May is a different story since the coaches are now teaching everyone the playbook. That's going to especially be true this off-season since the previous coaching staff is gone and with it any incumbent advantage. This is especially true with the front office having little tie to Anderson.

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

He’s not going to agree, he never will unless someday Anderson becomes a starter and a good one. I've been in this forum for over a decade and most posters - even the mods - do not appreciate role players on the team. 

1 minute ago, Skins212689 said:

Well find the guy to erase Anderson's for good since your soo sure someone off the Streets can just take his job.

Let's see what happens between March and July. I don't believe Anderson can hold off another challenge.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Street free agents once the season begins don't know the playbook so their value to teams is limited since taking them on midseason is tricky since you don't have time to teach them the playbook.

The same guy in April and May is a different story since the coaches are now teaching everyone the playbook. That's going to especially be true this off-season since the previous coaching staff is gone and with it any incumbent advantage. This is especially true with the front office having little tie to Anderson.

Just find the guy your soooo sure will take his job. I don't want any excuses. 

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not going to agree, he never will unless someday Anderson becomes a starter and a good one. I've been in this forum for over a decade and most posters - even the mods - do not appreciate role players on the team. 

Because he is just a role player that you have apparently elevated to some magical role and not considered completely fungible.

Your co-arguer has advocated for trading Kerrigan and keeping Anderson but I am the one who is not understanding things?

He is replaceable.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They appreciate the Role guys they want too. 

Just now, Woz said:

Because he is just a role player that you have apparently elevated to some magical role and not considered completely fungible.

Your co-arguer has advocated for trading Kerrigan and keeping Anderson but I am the one who is not understanding things?

He is replaceable.

Kerrigan is going into the downside of his career so I'm making a business decision. Why wouldn't you take a 2nd round pick for Kerrigan at this point in his career?