Week 16: Packers (11-3) at VIKINGS (10-4)

swede700

14 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Take da 5 Yard penalty is you have no balls to go for it. Don't waste the TO

Yes, that call was a real head scratcher.  I don't know why coaches are so cavalier with their TOs.  We waste them all the time because we let the play clock run all the way down to zero and it drives me crazy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

This is the worst that I have seen them pass block all year.

This was probably our best game as a defense all year.   Not having to worry about your running game made it easier to rush Cousins.  You are a totally different O with Cook back there.

14 hours ago, since72 said:

I just noticed my living room wall clock is still on Daylight Savings time.

i guess it’s been a while since I watched a game at home.  

I want the Zimmer we hired ... 🤬

not Mr. Congeniality ... 😊

He wasn't very congenial towards LeFleur after the game...

6 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Caught the game late last night.

We just looked complacent out there. Sucks, but we may have just gave GB the #1 seed.

I think in the end unless we crap the bed in Detroit we'll get the #2 seed.  Seattle right now is a mess so I'm guessing SF will get the #1 seed.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Stefanski HC?  That would be absolute nuts town, you see some of those play calls in that game?  The dude is a stiff and is not a leader and clearly his offense is suspect and really it is mostly Kubiak and Dennison calling the shots, plays and really the entire system in general, no way he is a HC in the NFL.  

Honestly GB, LaFleur is not their reason for success, it is the GM and how they have build that team and what free agents they have signed.  Coaching has not a ton to do with it offensively other than a change in them running the ball more which many teams are doing.  Mike Pettine should get more credit for the Packers success than Matt LaFleur who is just copying McVay.  If the Vikings make a chance it should maybe be at GM.

It has been a real change in GB with Thompson out to pasture and now Gute (that's what we call him) calling the shots.  I seriously doubt Thompson would have signed the Smith "brothers" or Amos this past offseason.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, swede700 said:

Glen Mason deserved to get fired.  It's just who they hired to replace him that was the mistake.  

You know who the Packers have beat that currently has a winning record?  The Chiefs (with Matt Moore at QB) and us.  That's it.  We should have beaten KC too, but they aren't all that better than us either.  I refuse to just roll over and quit, as some seem to have already. 

You refuse to do a lot of things. Including seeing how our team performs in prime time and against quality good teams. 

Cousins has surprised me this year and has played well. I won’t blame him for the concerns we laid out last night. Zimmer however, will never win us a championship.  

You refuse to see the truth until we get pounded by an actual good team in the playoffs. And so what? When KC beat us, you weren’t nitpicking the fact that Moore was at QB.  Why bring it up now?  We lost to them.  And now they’re even better with Mahomes.  Also, Green Bay beat us twice. 

No one is giving up but how did you not expect us as fans to react when we are tested once again to prove we too are a good team, and we just blow it completely. 

What’s even more annoying than a fan that complains all the time is one that “refuses” to acknowledge our shortcomings and where we need to make a change.  

Edited by Torchezim

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

I agree with your comments on our offensive line in this game. The offensive line has been a weakness of the team under the current leadership continually. It was a mistake counting on a rookie to start and giving Elflein a starting job. It is hard to expect much out of any QB with line play like that.  Both of our division rivals know the Vikings and exploit it greatly. The Vikings have looked like trash all three games against the two division rivals and offensive line is the main reason for that IMO just as you noticed was the case yesterday.  Fortunately, the other team in the division is Detroit and they are unable to figure out how to work the Vikings offensive line to give them the huge advantage that Green Bay and Chicago enjoy.

Is Elflein a tackle?  We have a rookie at LG but he has seasoned veterans around him.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, let's assume for a second the Vikings were to clean house (GM, HC, and QB), how do you go about improving the Vikings' situation?  As much as it's easy to blast Kirk Cousins, it's going to be hard to do better then him.  Right now, the Vikings are slotted to pick 24th which is definitely too low to select Joe Burrow, and assuming there isn't a huge fall because of medical concerns Tua as well.  Do the Vikings continue to develop the pieces around the QB (i.e. OL) or do they take a talented, but flawed QB (like Jalen Hurts or Jordan Love)?  Looking at the Vikings' current core, I think they're forced to stick with Kirk Cousins for the next 2-3 years before there is a hard rebuild coming.

I think the Vikes should beef up that OL.  If your QB is running for his life all game long it won't matter who you have back there under center...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Is Elflein a tackle?  We have a rookie at LG but he has seasoned veterans around him.

Elflein was a pretty bad center his first two years. They moved him to guard this year hoping for better results. I will say that the results have been somewhat better but still not good enough IMO.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

Elflein was a pretty bad center his first two years. They moved him to guard this year hoping for better results. I will say that the results have been somewhat better but still not good enough IMO.

Yeah he needs to be a backup at best or moved to a team than can coach him better.

• Like 3