? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

And he's contributed to a 7-9 team, big contribution. 900+ yards receiving, not bad, but that's not getting to a SB or the playoffs. Look at the top teams. Top WR...not a number 2 masquerading as a 1A guy. Brandin Cooks is gone. He'll get more attention from the defense now. The arrogance of the franchise on offense has hurt it. Sproles, Cooks and Graham. Had them and let them all go. Snead is a great story but at the end of the day, he's not even a 1,000 yard guy and you guys are acting like he's the antidote. He's a nice piece on a bad team.

To be 100% honest, Cooks was expendable because of Thomas IMO, plus Cooks didn't want to be there, and locker rooms suck when players are not happy. Its like a cancer. I know being a military guy, when you have a negative guy in the platoon, they literally divide the platoon. For us it was one guy arguing over some damn rifles (m16A4 vs M16M4), and who got to carry what lol. Anyways, the deal with Peterson was to me, brought in to run the ball more to set up the pass, set up the play action, and to take pressure off of Brees. With Snead, and Thomas, maybe the idea was to have the balance, and Ginn to play more of a dual role all over. Also with the us being told the TEs were to have bigger roles this season, the Cooks trade was viable. Not a bad trade at all, and we did get two solid pics in spots we needed. It just more of a role aspect if you ask me. Again the Saints have NEVER since Peyton put too much stock in any receiver. We have always created and made names to our WRs. Remember how dumb they said the Saints were when we traded Graham. The offence still produced. That has never been the issue under Payton and I suspect it still won't be. Brees puts up 5000 yrd seasons, lol, some one got them catches.

I'm sorry, but with some of you guys talking about having this player and that player, do you guys just play Madden with the salary cap turned off?  Also Darren Sproles was just about spent when we traded him, I think he had what, 1 more good year still in Philly before he just wasn't good anymore?  We couldn't have afforded to keep Graham and Cooks even if we wanted to, especially if we wanted anything that resembled an offensive line.  You think our OL is bad now, just think how much worse it would look right now if we didn't have Unger and Ramzy.  You can't even say you can find OLs anywhere, we've done a good job sure, but how many teams in the NFL would love to have any of the guys starting on our OL right now because their OL is that much worse.

Seriously the team has made plenty of mistakes, but trading Graham and Cooks weren't part of them, especially for what they got in return.  Also Mike Thomas not a top WR?  Are you serious?  I would take Mike Thomas over Cooks every time.

Well maybe you should ask the Saints if they play Madden with the salary cap because they certainly have. Also, I'm totally in disagreement with you. Cooks is a better player than Thomas. What has Thomas done this year without him? Not much. Sproles was let go too early. Jenkins still is a productive player and cancers in the locker room...eh. You can't have all choir boys on the team. If you don't have any squeaky wheels on the team calling a spade a spade, you create a losing atmosphere. The locker room is the players responsibility, not the coaches. Competition isn't bad. It's not like Brandin Cooks was taking a sledgehammer to the guys. You need tough guys to play a tough game. That's just a fact. Too much "We're almost there." They've been saying that for years to the media with the same results. 

So now it's the offense and system that Cooks can't play in... even though it's a system that's known to produce offensive stats just like ours and make no name receivers into productive players and good/great receivers even better, you know guys like Welker and Moss... but hey just keep setting up and I'll keep knocking em down.

You're comparing the Patriots system to the Saints? There's no comparison. Cooks had 88 yards last week and Thomas had like 40. They basically flipped this week. Soooo where's the huge deal? Also! If you had BOTH of them, there's no problem here. And don't just act like you can go from one team to the next and not have growing pains. If Thomas would have done that, same deal. He's a good player, he's no Brandin Cooks. Also...Randy Moss is a strict downfield guy. Horrible comparison. Welker is a dink and dunk guy, Cooks is much better than a dink and dunk guy.

Just now, gen. manager said:

We're in 2017 dude

You are seeming like Cooks is the end all be all for the Saints offense. When have the Saints struggle with our offensive production? The Saint's identity before and after Cooks will still be the same even though Sean Payton has always wanted to run the ball more. Brees passed for 300 yrds how? To who? 

Last time I checked, Cooks contributed to som of those top offenses. Also, the numbers aren't always real. The offense hasn't been successful week in and week out. That's a culmination of a season. It's not like they steamrolled guys, even with a good defense. Put that offense on the road, done. Also, he has 3 RBs that he rotates...he has the personnel to run, he chooses not to. He's a pass guy. He may SAY he wants to do that but he doesn't really WANT to do it. 

43 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

You guys can't tell me that arrogant Sean Payton didn't look at Ted Ginn and say "Drew and I can get this guy going." You can't tell me that. Also, Snead is a nice piece but he's not THE guy. Come on. Cooks trade was terrible and it's showing. This offense isn't explosive at this point. Hopefully he proves me wrong. 

I can tell you that ted Ginn's problems are widely known.  There's no way Sean Payton and drew Brees thought he was going to be a number 1 target that commands respect like Cooks.  They thought he could fill part of the role for the missing Cooks, but there's no way in hell they thought he would be Cooks 2.0 here.

Archived