? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

1 minute ago, Aout said:

Many persons here at the start of the season and even after the first game said so. 

Well before the season started, the defense did look like it was going to improve.  That doesn't mean they actually looked to be a good defense, improvement for our defense means below average instead of historically bad.  Obviously, this isn't the case, and it was well known by halftime of the Vikings game that this D was looking to be historically bad again.

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Who else is feeling fortunate? Who else feel so lucky that we get to personally witness the worst-ever defense for four consecutive years in a row. How special!

Holy sh*t I missed this comment xDxDxD

3 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

On the bright side for you guys, your WRs are good! Constantly behind our cbs. Also, London has a knack for taking the scalps of head coaches....

Whoever left Anzalone on Gronk twice needs to be investigated. Hope you turn it around all. 

They're solid, but they drop too many passes and are real hit or miss. A good secondary will shut them down.

Yea, lack of Snead really hurt us in these games.  I won't say it costs us the games, because it's gonna take more than one receiver to overcome legendary bad defense, but we left a lot of TDs off the board in the red zone, and saw some dropped passes in the end zone.  

In any case, we would have lost this game, because had it been closer, the Pats would have kept their foot on the gas.  They could have scored 60 if they wanted.

I don't see Snead making a huge difference when he comes back. The love of Alvin Kamara has hurt this team. He's a nice piece but I think Payton is overrating the young rookie at this point in his career. The playcalling has got to get better. You brought Adrian Peterson on to run the ball. Let him run the ball. 

I actually liked what AP did when we could still run the ball (i.e. when we were not 20pts behind). There was a play where he got tackled at the LoS and with a mix of power and spin move got 3-4yds, it was impressive. He's not done yet.

22 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

I can't see this team winning 7 games this year. I'd be blown away. Same problems, different year.

They will carve out 7 wins... Somehow someway Payton will get that done so Loomis can sell the masses on 1 more year of this crap as the excuses start to rain down.

8 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

I don't see Snead making a huge difference when he comes back. The love of Alvin Kamara has hurt this team. He's a nice piece but I think Payton is overrating the young rookie at this point in his career. The playcalling has got to get better. You brought Adrian Peterson on to run the ball. Let him run the ball. 

I agree the playcalling is garbage, and has been for a while.  Snead is a really solid receiver that runs good routes and doesn't drop balls, he's our second best behind Michael Thomas, and I've thought people have been overrating Michael Thomas for a while.  

Its hard to stick to a good balanced game plan though, when your defense is this impossibly bad.  Our offensive issues will always be secondary to perpetually ranked 32 defense.

God another season of 7-9 at best. If that doesn't lead to Payton getting fired, I'm not sure what will. His message has been stale for a long time and we still have the same issues year in and year out. Someone said it best above, I'm past being upset. We've routinely fielded historically bad NFL defenses under the same head coach. If we won't fix the root of the issue, we really can't be surprised anymore.

Archived