? Week 2 GDT - Saints vs Patriots - Sunday 1pm EST

Dome

4 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

The Brandin Cooks loss will hurt Snead. That was the dumbest trade this team may have made. 

Cooks didn't want to be here, nothing could be done.  I would have loved to have kept him, but it wasn't possible, and we got a much needed offensive tackle for it.

They didn't want to pay the guy. The guy had a great relationship with his QB. Personal problems can always be fixed. They just had a love affair with Michael Thomas, and he's a nice piece, he is. But you have a 38 year old guy at QB. They could've gotten a serviceable tackle. Brandin Cooks for Ryan Ramcyzk at this point? Not looking worth it. 

9 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

They didn't want to pay the guy. The guy had a great relationship with his QB. Personal problems can always be fixed. They just had a love affair with Michael Thomas, and he's a nice piece, he is. But you have a 38 year old guy at QB. They could've gotten a serviceable tackle. Brandin Cooks for Ryan Ramcyzk at this point? Not looking worth it. 

He'll be worth it once they fire Payton and bring in a defensive minded HC who truly puts value in being a physical running team... Thats when Rammy will be worth it.

Only if it would actually happen!

I hope they don't bring in some D.C. as the head coach though. I see that being a total disaster for this team, as presently constructed. If they blow the team up, then I think they'd be better off. But this team has a couple good piece on defense and nothing else. At the end of the day, you need personnel. The Ted Ginn thing has been a non factor and he was the replacement for Brandin Cooks? That was totally disrespectful towards Cooks. They aren't even in the same atmosphere. And Fleener has constructed the greatest heist the past two years in the NFL. 

Wasn't able to catch the game, but I did here, Vacarro and other LBs got worked pretty bad by Gronk and Brady. I did also here that there was little pass rush. However the O-line I heard played decent considering. I suspected Brady would come back strong, which I wasn't surprised. I honestly didn't think the Saints would win this one when the schedule came out. I did however hear that the entire rest of team player very average. For me that is disappointing. Did they look like there were there to compete? Or were they going through the motions? After I watched LSU kill themselves with penalties and lack of motivation, I was hoping the Saints at least competed. Still, I will wave the flag post week 4 maybe week 5 vs the Lions if it seems like they are not even giving effort on D. 

1 minute ago, DjRay1985 said:

Wasn't able to catch the game, but I did here, Vacarro and other LBs got worked pretty bad by Gronk and Brady. I did also here that there was little pass rush. However the O-line I heard played decent considering. I suspected Brady would come back strong, which I wasn't surprised. I honestly didn't think the Saints would win this one when the schedule came out. I did however hear that the entire rest of team player very average. For me that is disappointing. Did they look like there were there to compete? Or were they going through the motions? After I watched LSU kill themselves with penalties and lack of motivation, I was hoping the Saints at least competed. Still, I will wave the flag post week 4 maybe week 5 vs the Lions if it seems like they are not even giving effort on D. 

Same problems from week 1.  Terrible playcalling, worse defense, red zone woes.

13 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

I hope they don't bring in some D.C. as the head coach though. I see that being a total disaster for this team, as presently constructed. If they blow the team up, then I think they'd be better off. But this team has a couple good piece on defense and nothing else. At the end of the day, you need personnel. The Ted Ginn thing has been a non factor and he was the replacement for Brandin Cooks? That was totally disrespectful towards Cooks. They aren't even in the same atmosphere. And Fleener has constructed the greatest heist the past two years in the NFL. 

Ginn wasn't brought in to replace Cooks, Ginn was brought in to take the top off the defense. Nobody thought Ginn could replace Cooks.

3 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

And Cooks didn't do that as a speedster? Come on dude. That's common sense. Cooks is a speedster, big play type and they hoped Ginn could do the same. They signed him to help replace the guy. 

They signed him to take over some roles that belonged to Cooks, but nobody in their right minds thought he was gonna be a legitimate replacement for Cooks.

2 minutes ago, gen. manager said:

And Cooks didn't do that as a speedster? Come on dude. That's common sense. Cooks is a speedster, big play type and they hoped Ginn could do the same. They signed him to help replace the guy. 

I think Ginn was overall a better over the middle slot WR than Cooks was, but I do agree to a degree, Ginn was brought here to go over the top. I don't think it was a bad deal, because saints have always made our WRs known to the world. I did wish we go Butler some way some how out of it though. Butler had to be thinking while in the Dome, how much he could have helped the team lol.

You guys can't tell me that arrogant Sean Payton didn't look at Ted Ginn and say "Drew and I can get this guy going." You can't tell me that. Also, Snead is a nice piece but he's not THE guy. Come on. Cooks trade was terrible and it's showing. This offense isn't explosive at this point. Hopefully he proves me wrong. 

Archived