Better Matchup: LSU V Clemson or LSU V Ohio State?

mdonnelly21

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which game would be a Better Matchup?

• LSU V Clemson
    • LSU V Ohio State

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

We all know LSU v tOSU but the conspiracy theorist in me says the only way they could get this match up is to give LSU the easier path, knowing tOSU is the stronger team

Ohio State barely beat Wisconsin where as Georgia got Thrashed by LSU who was ranked 5th. 

54 minutes ago, mdonnelly21 said:

Ohio State barely beat Wisconsin where as Georgia got Thrashed by LSU who was ranked 5th. 

Do people forget this was the 2nd time tOSU and Wisky played each other this year??? Do they not understand how hard it is to beat the same team twice in a season? First match up tOSU beat them by 31

also let’s not act like Georgia is a Superior team compared to Wisky. They were both on the same level this year as a quality of opponent. 

also tOSU just finished playing PSU and Mich. to get to the Conf. Title game. LSU has Miss, Arky, and A&M, soft stretch of games right there

In the end, the ranking of LSU/ Ohio State at #1 will be irrelevant as far as the championship matchup. My own personal opinion is that LSU will beat Oklahoma by multiple touchdowns. And I think either Clemson or Ohio State would fare the same. Also my opinion, I think Clemson and Ohio State are the two best teams in the country and the winner of that game will beat LSU. I think they are both more well rounded teams when you look at both sides of the ball. Again, I could be wrong and will admit as such if LSU wins it all. If they really are the number one team, they are also getting a very real advantage for where the playoff matchups are being played. They are not a hard team to root for though. When you get past the ESPN love affair with them as the lead dog of the conference that ESPN champions, its easy to love their head coach and their quarterback. 

11 hours ago, buno67 said:

Do people forget this was the 2nd time tOSU and Wisky played each other this year??? Do they not understand how hard it is to beat the same team twice in a season? First match up tOSU beat them by 31

also let’s not act like Georgia is a Superior team compared to Wisky. They were both on the same level this year as a quality of opponent. 

also tOSU just finished playing PSU and Mich. to get to the Conf. Title game. LSU has Miss, Arky, and A&M, soft stretch of games right there

It’s actually pretty easy to beat the same team twice if the teams aren’t equal. The saying is it’s hard to beat the same team three times in a season anyways. And the reason for that isn’t that the better team stays the same and the worse team suddenly improves. It is rare to beat a team twice in the regular season and then meet them in the playoffs. But when that does occur, the team who won the two regular season games wins the third game the overwhelming majority of times. 

• Like 1

We doin playoff gameday threads or nah. If not I think donnelly will continue the hypothetical threads between all four involved teams and who each team could play. Also I’m voting OSU/LSU here but only because I’ve been wanting to see the Burrow/OSU matchup all year long. 

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 1

LSU-OSU would have been better. Too bad we won't get a chance to find out for sure. We lost to a team that feasted on cupcakes all season. We played a real schedule. Clemson's conference is so bad that Notre Dame, not Virginia, should have represented them in the Orange Bowl (and ND certainly helped their case last Saturday). The ACC didn't deserve that Orange Bowl money this year. Maybe next year they might deserve it if they have a couple more good teams next year. But this year the ACC is just trash. LSU will prove that. The ACC always has been, and always will be, a basketball conference.

Edited by pf9