2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

3 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm not involved in the deal either way but it's a loophole in TCMD that doesn't exist in real life. IRL, the rule is quite clear cut. Give up your natural pick or something better, not something worse. 

No that is not true. The team can decide which pick it is giving away, if they have more than one. And it doesn't have to be the original pick.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

I'm not involved in the deal either way but it's a loophole in TCMD that doesn't exist in real life. IRL, the rule is quite clear cut. Give up your natural pick or something better, not something worse. 

Lol no. IRL You give up a second round pick. If the tender is for a second round pick, you receive a 2nd round pick. In reality if the team doesn't have a second round pick in the upcoming draft, they would give up a 2nd in the following draft. So in reality if Miami didn't have a 2nd and had to give up a first, then that action would have been the loop hole you are worried about (since IRL they would have had to wait a season for that pick). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

No that is not true. The team can decide which pick it is giving away, if they have more than one. And it doesn't have to be the original pick.

Is there is truth to the contrary I would like to see it but I just looked on 3 different sites that give explanations and of all the rules and I see nothing dictates what pic in that round and you must give up if you make an offer to an RFA

4 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Is there is truth to the contrary I would like to see it but I just looked on 3 different sites that give explanations and of all the rules and I see nothing dictates what pic in that round and you must give up if you make an offer to an RFA

Yeah I even read through the CBA:

Any Club that does not have available, in the upcoming Draft, the selection choice or choices needed to provide Draft Choice Compensation in the event of a timely First Refusal Exercise Notice may not sign an Offer Sheet in such circumstances.

In the CBA, there is always talk about "a selection in the round", not the original pick. Not sure where that comes from

10 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

Any Club that does not have available, in the upcoming Draft, the selection choice or choices needed to provide Draft Choice Compensation in the event of a timely First Refusal Exercise Notice may not sign an Offer Sheet in such circumstances.

In the CBA, there is always talk about "a selection in the round", not the original pick. Not sure where that comes from

Damn you Wikipedia for making me look stupid. (I Should've known lol who else loves biased research lmfao)

18 minutes ago, whodatOL said:

So basically it doesn't even advanced  to the higher round it simply nullifies  the offer sheet and that player is awarded to the original tendering team right?

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

So basically it doesn't even advanced  to the higher round it simply nullifies  the offer sheet and that player is awarded to the original tendering team right?

Yeah might be additional information anywhere else or they later agreed upon something, but as I understand it, if you don't have the compensation, it nullifies