2020 - TCMD GM Mock Draft Discussion

ny92mike

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

yeah. But if you put the 2nd round tender I'm almost sure he would get an offer sheet with more than 4M per year

Perhaps but what I'm saying is, I don't think you have to offer much above the APY. The APY, signing bonus, year length have to be in the green. 

I'm confused at where you even make offers to RFAs otherwise I could get more specific with it.

I'm confined to doing everything on my phone lol

OKAY I have a question.....

What's the APY based on for players on RFA tags?

So..the 1st round comp is a just under $5M cost.... let's use Ekeler as an example. That's what it cost me to keep him right?

So why does another team have to offer him 13M a year? If that's the case I'd like to change my RFA tender cuz I wouldnt have made such a tender I had realized that 

@ny92mike

Edited by wwhickok

9 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

OKAY I have a question.....

What's the APY based on for players on RFA tags?

So..the 1st round comp is a just under $5M cost.... let's use Ekeler as an example. That's what it cost me to keep him right?

So why does another team have to offer him 13M a year? If that's the case I'd like to change my RFA tender cuz I wouldnt have made such a tender I had realized that 

@ny92mike

that's the cost for you to keep him with the 1st round tender. If a team is willing to give you a 1st round pick for Ekeler and make an offer sheet the APY will be 13M at minimum. 

You will have the option to match the offer sheet and keep Ekeler if you want. (if he gets an offer sheet after all)

Okay..some clarity here on RFA's. Regardless of what round you Tendered them, the actual contract they get offered should someone want to offer them a sheet is gonna be higher than the tender. 

So using Ekeler as an example. I was able to pay him a salary, Signing bonus, roster bonus, and workout bonus that barely went above what Ekeler is seeking each of the 4 years he wants a contract for and it was accepted. 

So the 12.9M or whatever,  that is your TOTAL cost for the year. Many of you might already realize this, i didnt.

that's the cost for you to keep him with the 1st round tender. If a team is willing to give you a 1st round pick for Ekeler and make an offer sheet the APY will be 13M at minimum. 

You will have the option to match the offer sheet and keep Ekeler if you want. (if he gets an offer sheet after all)

Makes sense and tbh, I'd seriously contemplate matching. IDK.. the RB FA list is kind of mediocre

The same can not me said by the draft class. An 1st round pick for Ekeler would be something I would like to get if I were you.

Idk it's tough. Because itd really come down to who offered and whether I feel i can get what I want at that point. In reality I suppose, the APY for Ekeler is probably simply the going rate for FA RBs that are any good. Idk I havent looked that closely I'm looking now though to see if I want to make an offer to anyone