San Francisco 49ers @ Seattle Seahawks - Week 17

showtime

One game for the NFC West crown.  I have no clue about Vegas odds, but I'm assuming the Niners should be favored to win just based off the issues the Seahawks are dealing with on both sides of the ball.  With that said, I realize that this is not only a home game for the Seahawks, but it's a prime time home game.  Obviously the news this week is that Chris Carson and Duane Brown are both out for the season, and Marshawn Lynch has officially signed.

Every since MVP talk has begun for Wilson weeks and weeks ago, he really hasn't played up to his standard.  Well, the Seahawks are going to need MVP caliber Russell Wilson if they want any chance of winning this game.  Hopefully having two weeks of rest will help some of the banged up guys on the defensive side of the ball.  The first meeting was messy and a grind, so maybe there will be more of the same.

This is the first playoff game of the season.

Never thought I would be saying this, but hopefully we can finally perform well at home this game, since we've been really rocky at the Clink so far. Luckily, the stage is set in a way in which there's really no doubt whatsoever that the stadium won't be popping. A game against the Niners, at home, for the division, oh and Marshawn is back. 

It's literally what Showtime said. It's a playoff game. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheChancellor said:

Never thought I would be saying this, but hopefully we can finally perform well at home this game, since we've been really rocky at the Clink so far. Luckily, the stage is set in a way in which there's really no doubt whatsoever that the stadium won't be popping. A game against the Niners, at home, for the division, oh and Marshawn is back. 

It's literally what Showtime said. It's a playoff game. 

It would be so nice if the Seahawks could win a game comfortably for once haha.  I'm hyped that Lynch is back.  I saw some footage of him today in practice with Russell Wilson and it brought back some great memories.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, showtime said:

Wait, you want the Seahawks to lose?

I do. I dont like how the team is coached. Personnel decisions are pathetic. I can only assume Hill is starting because he 'knows the system' more than Blair. But I dont remember seeing Blair actually do anything wrong or be out of position. I only watch the games live though so who knows what they see on tape. Meanwhile, Hill is out here missing tackles and blowing coverages because he is a worthless player who cant even play special teams. That is obvious live AND on tape but it doesnt mean anything apparently. 

Trying to establish a respectable running game and then hoping our top 5 QB can keep us in it and eek out a win every week instead of just letting the run game compliment our superior pass offense. This is not the team Pete had in 2012-2016 but he insists he can make these guys be that

Why he wants Russell to just manage the game instead of be the guy no one wants to face is beyond me. 

I'm tired of seeing/expecting the same thing every week. I probably should just stop watching to be honest😂. This is the only place i vent about them so most of my posts are negative. 

I couldnt help but smile watching Lynch run again though. It was worth it to see that again.

20 minutes ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

I do. I dont like how the team is coached. Personnel decisions are pathetic. I can only assume Hill is starting because he 'knows the system' more than Blair. But I dont remember seeing Blair actually do anything wrong or be out of position. I only watch the games live though so who knows what they see on tape. Meanwhile, Hill is out here missing tackles and blowing coverages because he is a worthless player who cant even play special teams. That is obvious live AND on tape but it doesnt mean anything apparently. 

Trying to establish a respectable running game and then hoping our top 5 QB can keep us in it and eek out a win every week instead of just letting the run game compliment our superior pass offense. This is not the team Pete had in 2012-2016 but he insists he can make these guys be that

Why he wants Russell to just manage the game instead of be the guy no one wants to face is beyond me. 

I'm tired of seeing/expecting the same thing every week. I probably should just stop watching to be honest😂. This is the only place i vent about them so most of my posts are negative. 

I couldnt help but smile watching Lynch run again though. It was worth it to see that again.

But you're assuming they would 100% fire the coach if they lose.  You have to remember that the Seahawks did win 11 games this year and they are the road team.  Them losing the game wouldn't be that huge of an upset, in my opinion.

Theres a 1% chance anyone gets fired next year. Maybe Norton but i really doubt that since the players love him. A blow out loss would just help others see what i see. I dont know why most are happy just making it in the playoffs. We have been in the mix for 7 seasons now with this regime and obviously have been to two SBs. But being content with just making it the post season seems backwards to me. The thought of 'anything can happen in the playoffs' is true, but not a recipe for championship contention in my opinion.