Resting the starters: yay or nay

Elky

Shoudl teams rest the starters if they have nothing to play for?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

After the Vikes showing on Monday Night, I don’t even know how they could consider resting starters to be honest. I get the point of trying to avoid injury, but when you come off that bad of a performance, wouldn’t it be better to try and get back on track immediately than during a playoff game. 

Zimmer would be foolish to sit his starters, they frankly don’t deserve it. 

I disagree.

They have 2+ weeks to get them back on track, no need to do it in a meaningless week 17 game.

5 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I disagree.

They have 2+ weeks to get them back on track, no need to do it in a meaningless week 17 game.

I feel like that approach will just lead to getting trounced in the playoffs. Especially considering they haven’t played all that well the past month. Run game has declined, Cousins hasn’t been as sharp, and the run defense has really struggled. The Bears are a good team, despite missing the playoffs. The mindset of being in the playoffs should start now and frankly their play hasn’t been up to par. Not sure what watching will do to help change the trend of the past month.

Personally, I'd play to win regardless of what week it was or what was/wasn't on the table. Each game has valuable data to take to the post-season to learn from. In my mind, you see things through and playing your best for the whole season is the mentality that I think players should have. 

However... If you've got guys that are asking to sit out, I don't see the issue with raising much concern over that. Especially injury-prone players that have been beat up all season long. It goes to say though that this should be considered even when you do have something to play for.

On 12/25/2019 at 10:20 PM, vikingsrule said:

After the Vikes showing on Monday Night, I don’t even know how they could consider resting starters to be honest. I get the point of trying to avoid injury, but when you come off that bad of a performance, wouldn’t it be better to try and get back on track immediately than during a playoff game. 

Zimmer would be foolish to sit his starters, they frankly don’t deserve it. 

New Orleans is going to embarrass us anyways though.