You decide: Do we move on from Carr this offseason?

RaidersAreOne

Should we move on from Carr this offseason  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Should we move on from Carr this offseason?

• Yes. We know what we have and it's time to move on.
    • No. Give him one more chance.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I will rephrase it. Carr is the second worst QB at winning games with 5+ years of starting experience in NFL history. 

ok perfect, so you agree that there are a ton of worse qbs in the history of the nfl. Which is what you originally stated

10 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

ok perfect, so you agree that there are a ton of worse qbs in the history of the nfl. Which is what you originally stated

Actually you can make a argument about Blake bortles .343 and josh mccown .303 having a lower win % than carr but they’ve started 7 fewer games than carr .415

jameis is close with .400 tho carr better watch his back lol

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=&alltime=&sort=s

interesting

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He's the worst QB in NFL history that has started for 6 straight seasons.

honestly the only point i was trying to make is that, to start 6 straight seasons means you are doing something ok.. and should realistically take you off the worst qb in nfl history list lol

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

honestly the only point i was trying to make is that, to start 6 straight seasons means you are doing something ok.. and should realistically take you off the worst qb in nfl history list lol

The only thing he's doing okay is losing games. 

• Like 3

I will say, I hate the 3 yard pass on 3rd and 10 as much as the next guy... but the raiders were 7th in 3rd down conversion this year at 43%.

a lot of that is because of Carr. I know some of you will dismiss this stat, but its a good look for Carr. It kind of reminds me of the Tony Romo is an anti clutch QB, because he had so many 4th Q INTs... but at the same time he had the most 4th Q comebacks. *** note, not comparing the 2 at all, Tony Romo is way better than DC **

I know the forum is divided and you either have to love or hate carr.
but the fact of the matter, is that while he did check down on what seemed like every 3rd down... we converted 3rd downs more than 75% of the teams in the nfl. 

That is a good stat for Carr. 

Carrs biggest weakness is that when we get off schedule (TFL, Sack, penalty) we are rarely able to recover from it

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

Surprisingly Jr’s .388 is better than A ton of guys go figure even colt McCoy jacoby brissett josh Rosen interesting 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Surprisingly Jr’s .388 is better than A ton of guys go figure even colt McCoy jacoby brissett josh Rosen interesting 

and i think this is why many argue Wins and losses are not a QB stat.

QB is without a doubt the most important position on the field, and, they CAN be the direct reason for a win or a loss. 
but for the most part, it is a team game. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do you understand why we want to move on from Derek Carr? Aside from mediocre individual statistics, he also hasn't helped us win, at all. 

Well...he’s broken a few raider records. at the beginning of his career he also was historically a top  scoring QB his first 4 seasons with the only modern  QBs being better their first 4 years being Luck and Wilson. He also has a record 18 comeback wins his first 6 years in the NFL. 

Now in the last 3 seasons that hasn’t really translated to wins and they haven’t had a winning season since 2016. But to point to Carr being the biggest reason for that is madness. Coaching and talent play a large role to it. 

Coaching takes a step back on offense. Injuries on the offensive line hamper the team to KO and Penn. Carr also deals with back injuries. the team drops to 6-10

Gruden brings in his new complicated system and proccedes to break down the talent on the team. Both Cooper and Mack are traded disrupting the team chemistry. The rookie class busts. 4-12 abounds.

Progress is made as the team improves to a 7-9 record. The rookie class give the team a shot in the arm. Crosby and Jacobs breathe life into the team as both have ROTY potential. Carr completes more passes than ever before at 70% with a 7.9 YPA  and over 4,000 yards passing. The only thing lacking is his TDS which ranks towards the bottom of the league at 21. This is certainly a problem as it means the Raiders can’t seal the deal. 

Talent and coaching change everything. Now i don’t believe that Carr needs things to be perfect but i do believe that this team is not as talented as people are saying. Personally I think that next season with an improved WRs Corp and pieces on the defense this team can make some noise. 

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

and i think this is why many argue Wins and losses are not a QB stat.

QB is without a doubt the most important position on the field, and, they CAN be the direct reason for a win or a loss. 
but for the most part, it is a team game. 

Anyone who argues this point has to admit that Brad Johnson is a better QB than Fouts or else they’re a hypocrite.

if anyone thinks the BJ is a better Qb than DF bc he has a higher winning percentage needs to have their head examined... 

13 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I will say, I hate the 3 yard pass on 3rd and 10 as much as the next guy... but the raiders were 7th in 3rd down conversion this year at 43%.

a lot of that is because of Carr. I know some of you will dismiss this stat, but its a good look for Carr. It kind of reminds me of the Tony Romo is an anti clutch QB, because he had so many 4th Q INTs... but at the same time he had the most 4th Q comebacks. *** note, not comparing the 2 at all, Tony Romo is way better than DC **

I know the forum is divided and you either have to love or hate carr.
but the fact of the matter, is that while he did check down on what seemed like every 3rd down... we converted 3rd downs more than 75% of the teams in the nfl. 

That is a good stat for Carr. 

Carrs biggest weakness is that when we get off schedule (TFL, Sack, penalty) we are rarely able to recover from it

It's a good stat for Jacobs

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Well...he’s broken a few raider records. at the beginning of his career he also was historically a top  scoring QB his first 4 seasons with the only modern  QBs being better their first 4 years being Luck and Wilson. He also has a record 18 comeback wins his first 6 years in the NFL. 

Now in the last 3 seasons that hasn’t really translated to wins and they haven’t had a winning season since 2016. But to point to Carr being the biggest reason for that is madness. Coaching and talent play a large role to it. 

Coaching takes a step back on offense. Injuries on the offensive line hamper the team to KO and Penn. Carr also deals with back injuries. the team drops to 6-10

Gruden brings in his new complicated system and proccedes to break down the talent on the team. Both Cooper and Mack are traded disrupting the team chemistry. The rookie class busts. 4-12 abounds.

Progress is made as the team improves to a 7-9 record. The rookie class give the team a shot in the arm. Crosby and Jacobs breathe life into the team as both have ROTY potential. Carr completes more passes than ever before at 70% with a 7.9 YPA  and over 4,000 yards passing. The only thing lacking is his TDS which ranks towards the bottom of the league at 21. This is certainly a problem as it means the Raiders can’t seal the deal. 

Talent and coaching change everything. Now i don’t believe that Carr needs things to be perfect but i do believe that this team is not as talented as people are saying. Personally I think that next season with an improved WRs Corp and pieces on the defense this team can make some noise. 

Ugh you guys just don't see he is not the same guy, watch him run around miss plays, give up on plays and look scared to take a hit, stop living in the past man.

• Like 2

Just now, raidr4life said:

lol i knew that was coming. Without looking into the stats, I will say...

1.   Throughout the season Jacobs wasnt on the field too many times on 3rd down.  
2.   Carr has improved significantly at presnap reads, so, while not much and you expect all good QBs to make the right read, an audible to the right run play, Carr should get some credit.
3.    id guess are 3rd down rate was near 50-50 on run v pass. 

10 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

"Looking at the splits that way, Carr indeed excels in third- and forth-and-short situations most. On third- or forth-and-short, Carr has a 137.8 QB Rating and eight touchdowns while converting the first down on 26/27 pass completions. Similarly, on third-and-4-6 yards, Carr has a 135.0 QB Rating. He has thrown one pick in that situation, but has converted 34/39 completions into first downs. On third-and-7-9, Carr’s rating drops a bit to 111.0, but he still has converted eight of 13 completions, and eliminated the turnover. On third-and-10-plus, the first down numbers drop, but the completion percentage remains intact."

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2019/12/27/21039751/oakland-raiders-derek-carr-excelling-on-third-down-in-2019-why-does-he-seem-to-play-so-much-better

Edited by BackinBlack
added link

6 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Ugh you guys just don't see he is not the same guy, watch him run around miss plays, give up on plays and look scared to take a hit, stop living in the past man.

i agree with this.
but i also say, the haters refuse to give Carr any credit.. IE what you jst said about 3rd down is more of a stat for jacobs than Carr. 

why does it have to be so Black and White with Carr. Is he top 10 no, is he bottom 10 no

• Like 1