Offseason Thread

Elky

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Garoppolo threw for almost 4000 yards this year and was one of the best in the league at converting 3rd downs. He also was top-10 in the league in TD passes (t.5th), Yards/Attempt (3rd), 4th quarter comebacks (t.1st), adjusted net yards/attempt (10th), passer rating (8th) and completion % (t. 4th). Any way you slice it, he was among the best statistical performers in the league, and you absolutely cannot chalk all that up to scheme.

Frankly, in a small sample size in the Patriots scheme he looked even better on film than he does in Shanahan's. And bear in mind that those two games he started in 2016 were WITHOUT Gronk or Solder.

Watching Jimmy G, he looks good in spurts but shaky. If anything, Garoppolo has regressed since his Patriots days and first season on the Niners, but then again he was sort of playing against relatively unprepared teams in unique circumstances of both conferences.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Watching Jimmy G, he looks good in spurts but shaky. If anything, Garoppolo has regressed since his Patriots days and first season on the Niners, but then again he was sort of playing against relatively unprepared teams in unique circumstances of both conferences.

He's in his first year back from a torn ACL. His production this year compares favorably to Brady's in '09, and Brady had even better weapons that year.

7 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Running the Pats mock off season for TCMD, have a chance to trade up to 4 overall. This is the offer on the table:

Gilmore, 23 Overall, and 122 Overall (4th Round)

What do you all think?

Im probably not bringing Brady back FYI

DO ALL OF THAT YES PLEASE

6 minutes ago, Starless said:

If you trade Gilmore, the defense collapses. I would not.

Im kinda blowing it up. In these mocks someone always overpays for guys like Brady so without him, not a huge point in keeping big money vets when I can land Tua and trade Hightower for a 3rd (which might be on the table) and restock the line with a ton of cap space to play with. 

7 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Im kinda blowing it up. In these mocks someone always overpays for guys like Brady so without him, not a huge point in keeping big money vets when I can land Tua and trade Hightower for a 3rd (which might be on the table) and restock the line with a ton of cap space to play with. 

Tua's injury history is too scary for me to blow up the defense to get him. I'd rather have the core of the defense retained, build younger pieces around them and get Brady some help.

17 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Running the Pats mock off season for TCMD, have a chance to trade up to 4 overall. This is the offer on the table:

Gilmore, 23 Overall, and 122 Overall (4th Round)

What do you all think?

Im probably not bringing Brady back FYI

Giants wouldn't take that for the 4th overall pick. Add a 3rd and a 2021 1st and they'd at least make a counter-offer. They'd hang up the phone if that was a real offer.

2 minutes ago, NorthernPat said:

Giants wouldn't take that for the 4th overall pick. Add a 3rd and a 2021 1st and they'd at least make a counter-offer. They'd hang up the phone if that was a real offer.

TCMD is a mock draft where members of each team's sub forum take over a team. This has already been offered for 4 overall, its whether or not I accept it. 

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

TCMD is a mock draft where members of each team's sub forum take over a team. This has already been offered for 4 overall, its whether or not I accept it. 

Got it...besides Tom will be back for another 2-3 seasons anyway :) so it's all a mental exercise at this point