Offseason Thread

Elky

6 hours ago, m haynes said:

I don't see how anyone can think tank. Do you really think JE is the be all end all? He is a 34 year old broken down WR, if you really look at him. What will his mind set be now that Brady is gone.

I love Jules but now is the time, it has nothing to do with tanking.

He’s not the end-all, but he and White are the only even average receiving options on the team right now. I don’t think getting rid of them without any replacements is a recipe for more success.

Also remember who our coach is, do really think he will tank. I don't.  I can't believe the doom and gloom. Haven't we learned over the years. Milloy, Mankin,Seymour gone keep on rolling. Brady hurt bring FREAKING CASSEL keep on rolling.

I never implied NE was tanking, FWIW. I said the people who are looking to dump the rest of the quality players must be embracing some sort of tank.

Brady gone, We still have number one defense. Yes I know we lost players but we already have replacement in Allen and Philips. We also have 12 draft choices. Oh, I forgot there's a coach that knows winning and defense.

Actually think Collins/KVN will be the biggest losses. 

God for bid Stidhman turns out to be a QB its not like it hasn't happen before. Will he be Brady, unlikely but he still can be a damn good QB. His rookie camp was impressive and he was one of the top performers from his draft class. I even read others poster referring to his interception pass as the reason we need to find a QB. Really! If that true Brady is done. His last throw was int. It's down hill from there!

PS  This is a team that beat the powerful Texans with a rookie 3rd string QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tanking!

I’m excited to see what Stidham can do. But he’s going to need players around him to do so. If Brady couldn’t even be Brady with the offense, I doubt Stidham is going to thrive in that same environment (minus Dorsett, plus Byrd) - especially without White/Jules. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, m haynes said:

I don't see how anyone can think tank. Do you really think JE is the be all end all? He is a 34 year old broken down WR, if you really look at him. What will his mind set be now that Brady is gone.

I love Jules but now is the time, it has nothing to do with tanking.

He’s not the end-all, but he and White are the only even average receiving options on the team right now. I don’t think getting rid of them without any replacements is a recipe for more success.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with you however we have the draft to fill some of the positions. We also have Meyers who I feel will take over the slot and play it well. If I remember correctly Harris can catch the ball.  Lets say BB drafts Clyde Edwards-Hilaire problem solved.

Also remember who our coach is, do really think he will tank. I don't.  I can't believe the doom and gloom. Haven't we learned over the years. Milloy, Mankin,Seymour gone keep on rolling. Brady hurt bring FREAKING CASSEL keep on rolling.

I never implied NE was tanking, FWIW. I said the people who are looking to dump the rest of the quality players must be embracing some sort of tank.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I look at it as retooling. My expectation are realistic for next year. I want us to be competive and build for the future. Set us up for 2021 would young tested players and a boatload of money to fill holes with quality FA.

Brady gone, We still have number one defense. Yes I know we lost players but we already have replacement in Allen and Philips. We also have 12 draft choices. Oh, I forgot there's a coach that knows winning and defense.

Actually think Collins/KVN will be the biggest losses. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't, I think they are easily replaceable. Thor gets more reps that solve one spot and I'm sure we will bring in someone through the draft. Who that kid we drafted but keep getting hurt I think he from Troy state. Maybe he finally contributes. Am I concerned yes maybe but I have faith in BB defense.

God for bid Stidhman turns out to be a QB its not like it hasn't happen before. Will he be Brady, unlikely but he still can be a damn good QB. His rookie camp was impressive and he was one of the top performers from his draft class. I even read others poster referring to his interception pass as the reason we need to find a QB. Really! If that true Brady is done. His last throw was int. It's down hill from there!

PS  This is a team that beat the powerful Texans with a rookie 3rd string QB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tanking!

I’m excited to see what Stidham can do. But he’s going to need players around him to do so. If Brady couldn’t even be Brady with the offense, I doubt Stidham is going to thrive in that same environment (minus Dorsett, plus Byrd) - especially without White/Jules. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our two rookies last year can now breath. We all saw TB last year he was angry with everything. These rooks went through hell and now have a season under there belts. I'm hoping they step up and we basically only  need 1 maybe 2 more from the  draft and FA to cover the skill positions. Also remember, we had no TEs I would assume that position ( Cole Met) will improve 1000%.

Also Brady couldn't do anthing with this offense because our offensive line was horrible. We had FREAKING NEWHOUSE at LT!!!! AHHHHHH,  a third line center and Cannon playing hurt. I see this year OL as a strength.  The to rookies placed on IR last year should help big time. . Can't wait to see Yogi!

Last   if we trade Tuney we should get a boat load of picks maybe a player or two.  Trade Jules and White more picks. We go into the draft with 100 picks to fill all our hole! :D

Sorry i have no clue how to respond to your post. Lack computer skills. but I'll try my comments here. Sorry again to everyone

PS what does the X in a box do in the top left corner in a quote.?????

Edited by m haynes

20 hours ago, Starless said:

I see no upside in getting rid of White. His cap number is miniscule when you account for his production. Edelman, maybe, but he is coming off his most productive regular season, believe it or not. 

James White will be 29 yrs old next year. He also will be a free agent after next year.   I'm guessing that he will try to cash in to the highest bidder next year. Next contract he signs will be his last chance to make big bucks.  Now that TB is gone, maybe his priority changes. Like you said he signed for minuscule contract last time. Maybe to take less for another ring.  I don't see it this time.  

Tampa is going for the SB they might over pay for White. I know I would if I ran their team. You invested 60 mil into Brady, you don't make the SB it a complete failure.You can bet your *** someone getting fired!

White for 3rd pick.

42 minutes ago, m haynes said:

James White will be 29 yrs old next year. He also will be a free agent after next year.   I'm guessing that he will try to cash in to the highest bidder next year. Next contract he signs will be his last chance to make big bucks.  Now that TB is gone, maybe his priority changes. Like you said he signed for minuscule contract last time. Maybe to take less for another ring.  I don't see it this time.  

Tampa is going for the SB they might over pay for White. I know I would if I ran their team. You invested 60 mil into Brady, you don't make the SB it a complete failure.You can bet your *** someone getting fired!

White for 3rd pick.

I don't see it as a sure thing at all that he'd return anything higher than a 4th or 5th precisely because of that first sentence. 

49 minutes ago, Starless said:

I don't see it as a sure thing at all that he'd return anything higher than a 4th or 5th precisely because of that first sentence. 

If someone offers a 4th, I'm not hesitating for a second. A 3rd is a pipe dream these days - maybe in the yester-years; Recent trends show the league has caught on to the fleecing Belichick did them in for in the first decade and a half. Given how bad this FA class was overall (and the fact NE hasn't done much to this point), they really need to focus on the draft and try to compensate for throwing a 2nd away for freaking Sanu.

Edited by Nex_Gen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If someone offers a 4th, I'm not hesitating for a second. A 3rd is a pipe dream these days - maybe in the yester-years; Recent trends show the league has caught on to the fleecing Belichick did them in for in the first decade and a half. Given how bad this FA class was overall (and the fact NE hasn't done much to this point), they really need to focus on the draft and try to compensate for throwing a 2nd away for freaking Sanu.

I agree about a 4th but there is a exception and that's Tampa Bay. I posted this on the TB board which i hope explain my reasoning .

Pats fan      This is what I see. Your team is going for it, SB or bust. You have Brady for 2 yrs and invested 60 mil. It would be a complete failure if you don't make it to the SB. Heads will roll. IMO  I would do everything I could to make that happen. You could end up with 2 SB wins if everything goes right.

All right here it is. I would try to pry James White from the Pats with a trade. I would over pay (to a point) to make it happen.  James White and Brady are unbeileavable , with him and your other offensive weapons its going to be impossible to defend.

This is not your normal build a winner, this is Brady and SB or bust.  As a new 2nd fav team fan. I could give a crap about a 3rd pick. I want that SB. Worry about value after Brady retires with 2 more rings.

1 hour ago, DoleINGout said:

Pats should trade Gilmore if they get a very high second this year or a first any year.

So its true what they say when you are staying home because of the  Corona Virus. You gain weight and in your case drink a lot ! :D

Edited by m haynes

8 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

his dead cap would make it a poor move. I should know, I did it in TCMD lol

I dont think they will move Gilly anytime before the season starts. Maybe if they blow then midseason at the trade deadline but doubtful. I think the soonest he leaves will be 2021.