Red Sox Cheated! Update: Cora Fired

Slinky

30 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Does anyone other than MookieMonstah actually believe that it was just a rogue Red Sox employee?

"We found the guy who was stealing lightbulbs and fired him. He acted alone. We also fired one other high ranking employee who happens to be the head of the world lightbulb stealing club. None of these events are related."

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Does anyone other than MookieMonstah actually believe that it was just a rogue Red Sox employee?

so your thought process is Manfred went through a multiple month long investigation trying to dig up absolutely anything he possibly could, found a bunch of evidence and then said “Hey let’s try and cover this up”.

Yeah, that makes WAY more sense.

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

"We found the guy who was stealing lightbulbs and fired him. He acted alone. We also fired one other high ranking employee who happens to be the head of the world lightbulb stealing club. None of these events are related."

They fired Cora before the investigation even began because of the Houston Astros thing. They knew he’d be suspended so they just fired him to avoid the bad press. They literally aren’t related and Manfred said they found ZERO evidence that any sign stealing occurred in the Red Sox World Series run.

The court of public opinion has spoken though, and facts won’t deter you rabid animals. 

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

This is another way of saying “I want to believe whatever I want to believe and I won’t accept anything that the only investigation on this matter turned up because I just want my narrative to feel better” 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lancerman said:

This is another way of saying “I want to believe whatever I want to believe and I won’t accept anything that the only investigation on this matter turned up because I just want my narrative to feel better” 

That is 100% what this is. They’re literally arguing against the investigation.

Its the court of public opinion. It didn’t matter what the report or Manfred said, people want the Red Sox to be guilty so they’re guilty.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That is 100% what this is. They’re literally arguing against the investigation.

Its the court of public opinion. It didn’t matter what the report or Manfred said, people want the Red Sox to be guilty so they’re guilty.

Exactly

If you fundamentally disagree with the findings of the investigation, then you have no basis to really believe it not believe anything. You are disregarding the known information to make your own belief up 

23 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

No, of course not. Manfred is a sissy too. Let them get off easy as well.

what are you talking about? no ones arguing Boston did something to the level of Houston, just that they did something wrong. Are you saying they were docked a 2nd rd pick for no reason? If not, then they did soething and @MookieMonstah was wrong. It wasnt some rogue employee only, players were involved as well. Its dumb to post the red sox did nothing before the findings were released, and now that it was found they did do something it make it funny.

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

what are you talking about? no ones arguing Boston did something to the level of Houston, just that they did something wrong. Are you saying they were docked a 2nd rd pick for no reason? If not, then they did soething and @MookieMonstah was wrong. It wasnt some rogue employee only, players were involved as well. Its dumb to post the red sox did nothing before the findings were released, and now that it was found they did do something it make it funny.

Wait, what are YOU talking about? I never said Boston did do something to Houston's level. I'm saying these punishments haven't been harsh enough. The players shouldn't have gotten off. Losing a 2nd round pick and suspending your replay guy isn't really a deterrent to possibly look into cheating again. 

14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Wait, what are YOU talking about? I never said Boston did do something to Houston's level. I'm saying these punishments haven't been harsh enough. The players shouldn't have gotten off. Losing a 2nd round pick and suspending your replay guy isn't really a deterrent to possibly look into cheating again. 

well i completley misunderstood your post, my apologies. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Strange how Alex Cora was the ringmaster of a the Houston operation, but was somehow not involved in a functionally similar cheating operation just a year later.

Because he wasn’t the ring master in Houston. He was thrown under the bus as the only guy still not in the organization.

Thats been painfully obvious. I love that you guys think Manfred is helping the Red Sox cover something up, its mind boggling. The commissioner of baseball came out and said the Red Sox didn’t have any sign stealing ring but here we are. 

LIS the court of public opinion has spoken, you guys want it to be true so in your head it always will be even when all the evidence and the guy leading the investigation say otherwise.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Boston didn’t have any sort of systemic cheating. Why would they punish the organization further? Even the second round pick was basically a “Hey, you should’ve known this was happening.”. It deserved a slap on the wrist. 

You’re trying to make this something it’s clearly not.

Further, Manfred found that the Red Sox front office, "consistently communicated MLB's sign stealing rules to non-player staff and made commendable efforts toward instilling a culture of compliance in their organization.”

It didn’t occur in the post-season, players weren’t aware this guy was using in game footage 

I mean this is the end of the discussion really. The entire investigation points to one guy acting without the rest of the organization knowing. Should the Red Sox have known it was happening? Maybe, but they didn’t. This wasn’t some organized ring of sign-stealing. 

In the findings here, however, Manfred said that he did not find that Cora "knew or should have known" about the sign-stealing operation.

Edited by MookieMonstah