Red Sox Cheated! Update: Cora Fired

Slinky

41 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Boston didn’t have any sort of systemic cheating. Why would they punish the organization further? Even the second round pick was basically a “Hey, you should’ve known this was happening.”. It deserved a slap on the wrist. 

You’re trying to make this something it’s clearly not.

You're right. The "rogue" replay guy was doing of it his own accord.

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

That’s what the 100 day investigation found. Or do you think Manfred is trying to help cover this up for the Red Sox? It’s one or the other.

I think, like with Astros, he found enough in his mind and moved on. Wouldn't be surprised to hear more come out later, like the Astros.

Of course, to most people (including a couple of my Sox friends), they know the lone ranger isn't the end of it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think, like with Astros, he found enough in his mind and moved on. Wouldn't be surprised to hear more come out later, like the Astros.

Of course, to most people (including a couple of my Sox friends), they know the lone ranger isn't the end of it. 

You mean the Astros whom had multiple employees suspended, had damning evidence released, had a huge fine and got multiple picks taken.

Yet the Red Sox had one man suspended, no fines, one 2nd taken AND Manfred called him a rogue employee and said Red Sox higher ups had no idea it was happening. So again, you either think Manfred is covering this up or you think the Red Sox had a rogue employee. Which is it? 

6 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

You mean the Astros whom had multiple employees suspended, had damning evidence released, had a huge fine and got multiple picks taken.

Yet the Red Sox had one man suspended, no fines, one 2nd taken AND Manfred called him a rogue employee and said Red Sox higher ups had no idea it was happening. So again, you either think Manfred is covering this up or you think the Red Sox had a rogue employee. Which is it? 

i don't think that. at all.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Which is funny because you refuse to say that stating the opposite means you think Manfred is trying to cover stuff up.

Hilarious. 

I said Manfred possibly found enough to punish them and was done. The investigation could have been poor. The Astros one was.

Here you go so that you're happy: Manfred could be covering stuff up. He could have done it with the Astros. Nothing like that in sports would surprise me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I said Manfred possibly found enough to punish them and was done. The investigation could have been poor. The Astros one was.

Here you go so that you're happy: Manfred could be covering stuff up. He could have done it with the Astros. Nothing like that in sports would surprise me.

It was a 100 day investigation, involving thousands of texts and emails. I have a hard time believing they missed much. 

Yeah, I think its outlandish to say people are delusional when your entire argument is a conspiracy theory. The report says the Red Sox had a rogue employee and that none of the higher ups or players were aware he was using footage he got in game. I'm going to believe the 100 day investigation report until something else comes out.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, you think Manfred did a 100 day investigation and went over thousands of texts and emails just so he could cover it up? Sports fans are insane lol

Oh, yeah, I'm sure he worked tirelessly. He is such a great investigator.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Oh, yeah, I'm sure he worked tirelessly. He is such a great investigator.

So again, you think the MLB spent all this money to investigate this for 100 days just so Manfred could cover it up anyway?

Someone bitter. Yankees, Indians, Dodgers fans DESPERATELY want this to be true so they can pretend they should've won a WS. 

14 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

So again, you think the MLB spent all this money to investigate this for 100 days just so Manfred could cover it up anyway?

Someone bitter. Yankees, Indians, Dodgers fans DESPERATELY want this to be true so they can pretend they should've won a WS. 

Not bitter at all. Enjoy your side of things. It's cool. I'm a fan of none of those teams.