BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

1 minute ago, Ragnarok said:

Fair, and I get the point on Lamb...especially because of how deep this WR class is.  Because people see Chiasson and remember Danielle Hunter.

Do you have a player comparison for him?  I ask cause I know nothing about him yet.  

Look, just because a guy couldn't buy a sack in college doesn't make him Danielle Hunter is all I'm saying. (serious note: I definitely see the allure of Chaisson's athleticism here)

For Bryant? Makes me think of Evan Engram. He ain't the biggest dude but he's a great fit for modern spread offenses in that he's a natural athlete and blocks well for his size, especially in space. Not the biggest tight end and I didn't love his hands; I think you want your tight end to be better on contested balls.

5 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Somehow we still have Wirfs and Epenesa on the team. Winfield is new to me. I know his dad but very little about him. Know nothing about Pinkney.

Didn't even realize I stocked you up on Big Ten guys. Winfield is my top safety, but he does have some injury issues that I just have no way of knowing how serious they are going forward. If he can stay healthy, he's a disgustingly instinctive player with great ball skills. Pinkney is...I dunno, Jonnu Smith? I think he's a fine No. 2 receiving tight end that you don't really want to line up next to the offensive tackle to help block.

3 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Hopkins drops some balls he shouldn’t 

Oh yeah, I saw that too. But he also makes enough plays that I would live with it. He's my TE1 by a comfortable margin right now, and I don't really see that changing unless he tanks the Combine in some fashion.

34 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Tu'a and Wills would me make happy.  Although, if Lamb was still there at 14, I'd go with him.  Moton is an RFA.

Everyone gives me Swift...I really think I like this RB class enough to wait a bit.  

Big fan of Kmet.  But this is where you would have missed me re-signing Hunter Henry.  I'm also very high on Irv Smith...but Kmet would be enticing.

Haven't done a lot of study into Throckmorton...but if Biadasz was that close in the 3rd, I'd trade up to get Linsley's heir.  

Other thoughts...dunno if Winfield, Gallimore, and Weaver go that high...but they're all very good prospects.  Lamb probably goes top 8.  Chaisson goes in the 2nd.

Why do you have Hunter Bryant going that high??

I think Gallimore will rise throughout the process. Mid-to-late first. I really like this INT class though. Like a lot.

And as for my draft, I get you weren't doing it with FAs but I've got Kittle so TE is definitely not a priority for me. Not a fan of Hunter Bryant either. As for Davis, INT is absolutely a need for me but I hate Raekwon Davis. I don't think I'd take him at any point in the BDL draft.

12 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I think Gallimore will rise throughout the process. Mid-to-late first. I really like this INT class though. Like a lot.

And as for my draft, I get you weren't doing it with FAs but I've got Kittle so TE is definitely not a priority for me. Not a fan of Hunter Bryant either. As for Davis, INT is absolutely a need for me but I hate Raekwon Davis. I don't think I'd take him at any point in the BDL draft.

I could see Gallimore sneaking into the very end of the 1st.

Really?  I think his 8.5 sacks were an outlier...but he is an elite run defender that I think will be useful against the pass.

13 minutes ago, rackcs said:

As for Davis, INT is absolutely a need for me but I hate Raekwon Davis. I don't think I'd take him at any point in the BDL draft.

ahahahahaha, I love it. I'm not high on him either, he's an athletic nose tackle in my opinion and those guys are Rd 3 or later targets to me. Blacklock, Elliott, and Madubuike are tackles I still need to watch, so they may end up ranked ahead of Davis anyways.

19 minutes ago, rackcs said:

Hahaha I took Davis off my board two days ago

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

ahahahahaha, I love it. I'm not high on him either, he's an athletic nose tackle in my opinion and those guys are Rd 3 or later targets to me. Blacklock, Elliott, and Madubuike are tackles I still need to watch, so they may end up ranked ahead of Davis anyways.

Haven't watched Blacklock either but like the other two over Davis. Madubuike especially is a guy I'm really high on.