BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

10 hours ago, Jlash said:

I'm all set at safety, or else I would have. 

But bargain shopping in RFA is a dangerous game. Had Sira known WW had zero intention of matching that contract, I'm gonna assume he would've bid much lower. 

I agree however, the reason I'm not matching is that I'm already paying Derrick Henry a handsome amount and while the contract SirA is offering Carson isnt bad by any means I feel its counter productive for a team in the middle of a rebuild.

24 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

I mean not that it's Bible but pff has him 82nd out of 87

I feel I'm not alone on my viewpoint 

Same site rated him an 82 overall grade in 2017 and an 84 overall grade in 2018. As a few have noted, an injury looked to have derailed him this year. 

Remember when your write ups made it clear that PFF was the bible? Those were good days. PFF also tells me that guys like Blessaun Austin is a better cover man than Patrick Peterson, Marshon Lattimore and quite a few other notably better players. What a weird world we live in.

Maybe you're too close to the PFF forest bud. 

edit: His 2017 and 2018 scores would have had him top 10 in those respects. 

Edited by Jlash

3 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Same site rated him an 82 in 2017 and an 84 in 2018. As a few have noted, an injury looked to have derailed him this year. 

Remember when your write ups made it clear that PFF was the bible? Those were good days. PFF also tells me that guys like Blessaun Austin is a better cover man than Patrick Peterson, Marshon Lattimore and quite a few other notably better players. What a weird world we live in.

Maybe you're too close to the PFF forest bud. 

Last season Peterson was playing through injury where Johnson has been consistently awful. Again just my opinion.  He's fast but bites hard on play action and is an awful tackler 

8 hours ago, bcb1213 said:

Peterson was playing through injury

Whereas Johnson missed 10 due to injury...

Two healthy seasons of very good play + 1 injury shortened season where he graded poorly = "he sux". Can agree to disagree probably. 

• Like 1

Without medical checkups, measurements and missing out on player meetings the NFL this year will be going off a lot of the same info we have available. This should be interesting, I suspect we won't have as many wild fluctuations in the way we value players vs. them. 

45 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Whereas Johnson missed 10 due to injury...

Two healthy seasons of very good play + 1 injury shortened season where he graded poorly = "he sux". Can agree to disagree probably. 

Probably.  He was hurt in week six and placed on IR.  Be different if he was coming back from injury or something of that nature imo 

New Orleans Trade Block: 

QB - Sam Darnold - 2nd round pick
RB - Ezekiel Elliott - 1st round pick
WR - Tyler Lockett - 2nd round pick
Edge - Calais Campbell - 5th round pick
INT - Geno Atkins - 6th round pick
CB - Chris Harris Jr. - 5th round pick
S - Haha Clinton-Dix - 5th round pick

Open to negotiating for each. 

• Like 1