BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

25 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Wouldnt mind some feedback/criticism of my picks so far since I am not grading my own picks

Mckinney- Big fan, my highest graded safety. I think he can actually do it all as far as position versatility.

Cesar Ruiz- My highest graded center. I think he's an instant starter in the NFL and a rock solid player for 10 years.

Austin Jackson- Had him ranked 83rd. Not saying the talent isn't there, but if I'm taking a developmental player I'll do it later on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jlash said:

Mckinney- Big fan, my highest graded safety. I think he can actually do it all as far as position versatility.

Cesar Ruiz- My highest graded center. I think he's an instant starter in the NFL and a rock solid player for 10 years.

Austin Jackson- Had him ranked 83rd. Not saying the talent isn't there, but if I'm taking a developmental player I'll do it later on.

Generally agree with this. Given the cap space you've got, drafting BPA is the right strategy since FA can fill needs. Ruiz will probably have to play guard or back-up for his first year or two since Morse is one of the best Cs in the game and I don't think Jackson will beat out Dawkins, though he could take over next year as Dawkins is an FA. 

While the immediate impact might not be there, I think you're gonna get good starters for multiple years out of Ruiz and McKinney. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Ty Jlash. I personally view Jackson as capable in a pinch to start day 1. I like his overall skillset but I also understand the 'developmental player's comment. He does have some things to work on. That pick was a need based selection for me more than anything else and Josh Jones was gonna be the pick but some d-bag took him right before me lol 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jlash said:

That's the worst feeling.

Lol it was but it's also why I decided to take Jackson. I feel like theres a couple more high end OTs on the board but I also feel like it's a class that fades quickly at the position, I view it as being top heavy.  So I felt with the luxury of having so many needs I should address that one at that pick. Also, initially I view Jackson as a RT on my roster, because of the presence of Dawkins. Perhaps I'll look back and view that as a mistake but I'm gonna have a few picks that dont work out. So I just gotta take them with confidence and accept whatever comes out of it.

Edited by wwhickok

36 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Wouldnt mind some feedback/criticism of my picks so far since I am not grading my own picks

I didn't love the McKinney selection. I think he's a do-it-all kind of safety which is great, but I don't know if he's going to be special anywhere. Was my #3 safety, Winfield being my #1

Ruiz was 22 on my BB so good value for you imho. Best C in the class I believe.

Austin Jackson was a good pick. He's a bit raw and I anticipate his rookie year to be difficult, but I can see him developing into a very solid RT, and maybe even a decent LT.

Now I place high positional value on tackles, and a lower one on safeties too, so I overgraded Jackson compared to McKinney - I think the latter is the better player, but I would draft the former before if that makes any sense

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I didn't love the McKinney selection. I think he's a do-it-all kind of safety which is great, but I don't know if he's going to be special anywhere. Was my #3 safety, Winfield being my #1

Ruiz was 22 on my BB so good value for you imho. Best C in the class I believe.

Austin Jackson was a good pick. He's a bit raw and I anticipate his rookie year to be difficult, but I can see him developing into a very solid RT, and maybe even a decent LT.

Now I place high positional value on tackles, and a lower one on safeties too, so I overgraded Jackson compared to McKinney - I think the latter is the better player, but I would draft the former before if that makes any sense

I appreciate your opinions. I am fine with us emphatically disagreeing on McKinney but hey, in the end you might end up being right.