BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

2 minutes ago, PR said:

Or Rock Ya-Sin getting sick, James White's father dying. Surprise inactives do happen.

Sure they do happen but they're also not that common in the grand scheme of things.

Also James White is a pretty extreme circumstance too. 

The point I made was that not knowing plays a major role on getting voted for or against. If that's the case, we should know in advance. It's something that would benefit everyone its risk/reward

Edited by wwhickok

Just now, wwhickok said:

Sure they do happen but they're also not that common in the grand scheme of things.

Also James White is a pretty extreme circumstance too. 

The point I made was that not knowing plays a major role on getting voted for or against. If that's the case, we should know in advance. 

I view it as this: you have to be aware of your opponents moves and injuries. Last week the two comments that were said the most were OTs and running game. I went out specifically and picked up a RB and OT on waivers which is posted for everyone to see. This is why on Sunday I went and scouted waivers from this past week to see if there were any tells on your lineup for this upcoming week, then I went and examined the injuries for this past week to see how your team was impacted.

Just now, PR said:

I view it as this: you have to be aware of your opponents moves and injuries. Last week the two comments that were said the most were OTs and running game. I went out specifically and picked up a RB and OT on waivers which is posted for everyone to see. This is why on Sunday I went and scouted waivers from this past week to see if there were any tells on your lineup for this upcoming week, then I went and examined the injuries for this past week to see how your team was impacted.

Except just because someone picks up a guy off the waiver wire doesn't mean they plan to start that player. That's not actually an indicator at all. The Injury list, yes that's available to us. But who you are putting into your 38 man roster, that's a guessing game at best. But again if we get ANY of it wrong, we get crucified for it. 

2 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Except just because someone picks up a guy off the waiver wire doesn't mean they plan to start that player. That's not actually an indicator at all. The Injury list, yes that's available to us. But who you are putting into your 38 man roster, that's a guessing game at best. But again if we get ANY of it wrong, we get crucified for it. 

I don't see you leading the vote 6-3 as being crucified that you got my OT incorrect

Just now, wwhickok said:

But you can bet if I win I'm sticking with the gameplan and roster as is! 

Your game plan is still flawed. I know you corrected yourself in your video and responses, but the way you wrote it definitely sounded like you were fielding 12 men on the field at once.

10 minutes ago, PR said:

Your game plan is still flawed. I know you corrected yourself in your video and responses, but the way you wrote it definitely sounded like you were fielding 12 men on the field at once.

It can be tricky to try to gameplan efficiently and sometimes I get tongue tired. 

Edited by wwhickok

5 minutes ago, PR said:

Because you didn't outline any of your personnel... Anywhere...

Actually what I didn't do is assign specific players to specific players. What I did do is list Cover 2, Cover 3, Overload Blitzes and "Situationally fitting schemes" which is basically me telling you I'm not an x's and O's guy and am doing my best but leaving room for some interpretation. I also listed multiple "intended gaols" what what I was trying to do.

3 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Actually what I didn't do is assign specific players to specific players. What I did do is list Cover 2, Cover 3, Overload Blitzes and "Situationally fitting schemes" which is basically me telling you I'm not an x's and O's guy and am doing my best but leaving room for some interpretation. I also listed multiple "intended gaols" what what I was trying to do.

I'm going to start doing that. Intentional vagueness so you never know the matchup 🤣