BDL Discussion Thread 2020

TedLavie

14 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

So I’m screwed..... neat 

You have a bunch of expiring contracts so that'll give you some good room to work in the offseason. You got some guys on expiring contracts currently who would hold value to other teams that could easily be moved for picks too.

• Like 1

Also, good job @rackcs on the mock. I will say this the teams I view as most likely to draft Lawrence IRL are NYJ, NYG, Washington, Atl, NO, Detroit, Philadelphia 

If I'm being completely honest, I would have a hard time making that pick with any team but Atlanta or Philly

Edited by wwhickok

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

Also, good job @rackcs on the mock. I will say this the teams I view as most likely to draft Lawrence IRL are NYJ, NYG, Washington, Atl, NO, Detroit, Philadelphia 

If I'm being completely honest, I would have a hard time making that pick with any team but Atlanta or Philly

You’d make that pick regardless guarantee it if he was there at 2

• Like 1

Just now, Counselor said:

I really don't know that I would. Joe Namath is the last QB NYJ drafted that wasn't a bust. 

Doug Williams, Joe Theisman maybe were the last guys for Washington. I mean Matt Stafford is good but hasn't ever won that team anything...

NO didn't draft Brees... Archie Manning?

NYG has Eli i guess but technically they drafted Rivers.

The majority of those teams are terrible at developing QBs

Just now, wwhickok said:

I really don't know that I would. Joe Namath is the last QB NYJ drafted that wasn't a bust. 

Doug Williams, Joe Theisman maybe were the last guys for Washington. I mean Matt Stafford is good but hasn't ever won that team anything...

NO didn't draft Brees... Archie Manning?

NYG has Eli i guess but technically they drafted Rivers.

The majority of those teams are terrible at developing QBs

Meh different coaching staffs

31 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

If you're passing on a QB as talented as Lawrence based on his irl situation then I'd say you're making a huge mistake. This feels like when people say they won't take a USC or Ohio State QB because of their past QBs.

29 minutes ago, Counselor said:

Or at least he should.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

If you're passing on a QB as talented as Lawrence based on his irl situation then I'd say you're making a huge mistake. This feels like when people say they won't take a USC or Ohio State QB because of their past QBs.

Sam Darnold is the latest example of USC bustitude. 

Ohio State really doesn't have a good track record either but I think Fields can change that. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Or at least he should.

We shall see.

4 minutes ago, rackcs said:

While I agree it would be stupid to pass on Lawrence because of his landing spot, those QBs are consistently unsuccessful in the NFL because they're overrated as prospects based on their school and run offensive systems that either don't translate well to the pros (looking at you, Urban Meyer) or are surrounded by so much talent that their negatives are overlooked/minimized. Kind of an apples to oranges comparison here.

Edited by Blue