2020 Baltimore Ravens Offseason Tracker

coordinator0

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

My initial thought would be no, since any trade could be announced the same way every FA deal that's been reported doesn't actually become official till 4pm today. But I guess we'll find out soon. 

Well, we've been in the "legal tampering" period. Perhaps the same laxness doesn't apply to tagged players? 

Just now, BaltimoreTerp said:

My initial thought would be no, since any trade could be announced the same way every FA deal that's been reported doesn't actually become official till 4pm today. But I guess we'll find out soon. 

That's what I thought as well.  That deals could be made(Signings, trades, etc), but they just weren't 'official' yet.

I'm really hoping there's a surprise around the corner. 

33 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Is this true? I thought it was fine to trade them this whole time. It would be great if we've been sitting on a deal.

10 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

That's what I thought as well.  That deals could be made(Signings, trades, etc), but they just weren't 'official' yet.

I'm really hoping there's a surprise around the corner. 

I think a Judon deal would be unlikely to be ready to go for immediate announcement. I would think most teams would wait to see how available FA options play out then go the Judon route once available pass rushers dry up, I could be incredibly wrong, though.

Watching Baltimore Beatdown's lead analyst Spencer Schultz die on the "Judon is a great player" hill has been a joy to take in this offseason. That dummy spent all last offseason calling ZDS a 'system player', and boasted about how stupid teams were to pursue him.

ZDS was a far better pass rusher, had shown actual consistent technical development, was capable of playing inside, was stronger against the run, and.. he was younger than Judon. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

This means nothing right? Cause it's typically guys like Schefter and Rappaport announcing stuff early anyway.

Yes. I would think it's just getting ahead of folks asking why we're not going to see official announcements from teams right away. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Would you guys rather keep Judon on the tag price, or trade him for a pick and resign Jimmy Smith to a 2-3 year deal With the money judon would make?

I want to trade Judon under pretty much any circumstances, so I'd choose the Jimmy scenario.

He'd be elite depth at the most important position and his cap hit wouldn't be that bad. His injury and suspension history will prevent him from cashing out anywhere I'm guessing. And we'll hit on a good chunk of those Day 2 picks we'll have stock piled, continuing to build a valuable core for Lamar's prime.

48 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Would you guys rather keep Judon on the tag price, or trade him for a pick and resign Jimmy Smith to a 2-3 year deal With the money judon would make?

If we're trading Judon then I think we need a better player coming in with the space freed up than Jimmy Smith, tbh. 

If we're trading Judon then I think we need a better player coming in with the space freed up than Jimmy Smith, tbh. 

Cap rollover is still a thing, right? Assuming it is, then there's value in the dollars that don't go to either. I don't think Smith will be anywhere close to $16M AAV, so it's more likely Judon trade compensation + Jimmy + additional cap space.

Just now, sp6488 said:

Cap rollover is still a thing, right? Assuming it is, then there's value in the dollars that don't go to either. I don't think Smith will be anywhere close to $16M AAV, so it's more likely Judon trade compensation + Jimmy + additional cap space.

Our Super Bowl window is now. Not interested in making our team worse in the name of cap rollover. 

Our Super Bowl window is now. Not interested in making our team worse in the name of cap rollover. 

Ok. That's a valid position. It doesn't mean  we shouldn't consider what the trade-offs being discussed are.

Jets and Seahawks are the names that keep getting thrown out as trade partners for Judon. Here are their 2nd & 3rd Round picks-

Jets Round 2nd Round- Pick #48

Seahawks 2nd Round- Pick #59

Seahawks 2nd Round- Pick #64

Jets 3rd Round- Pick #68

Jets 3rd Round- Pick #79

Seahawks 3rd Round(Comp)- Pick #101

8 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Jets and Seahawks are the names that keep getting thrown out as trade partners for Judon. Here are their 2nd & 3rd Round picks-

Jets Round 2nd Round- Pick #48

Seahawks 2nd Round- Pick #59

Seahawks 2nd Round- Pick #64

Jets 3rd Round- Pick #68

Jets 3rd Round- Pick #79

Seahawks 3rd Round(Comp)- Pick #101

One of these teams loves ex-Ravens a whole lot more than the other.

17 minutes ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

Trade Judon, extend Stanley, then we still might have enough room for both Clowney and Jimmy... Would be nuts