The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

Round 1: Ferguson but close

Round 2: Gaethje but close. If Tony had time to follow up the uppercut it could've been different

Round 3: Gaethje, not sure how much more Tony's eye can take smh. My heart cant take this

Ferguson has to get the finish round 5. This is what I was afraid of. Bye Bye Khabib v Tony

Bravo Gaethje, Bravo

Justin, Tony doesnt want a hug right now. You just shattered his dreams...give him more than 5 seconds after the fight got stopped...

6 hours ago, Buckrock101 said:

huge respect to Tony for taking so much in this fight, and for the run he put on over this win streak.

the fights to make now imo are Khabib vs Justin (obviously), and Conor vs Tony. Winner gets the shot - either a rematch Conor/Tony would sorely want, or Khabib vs Tony, or Conor vs Gaethje. I'd honestly love to see any matchup between any combination of these four.

I was just thinking this

If Gaethje beats Khabib in August. Justin didnt take alot of damage at all and would get a full camp. I expect Conor to fight someone else shortly right but not Tony? I was thinking if Conor fights whoever before Tony is ready and wins, he'd get Gaethje  end of 2020 or beginning 2021. That would leave Tony to get Khabib as his comeback fight? Not sure what to do with Dustin though 

5 hours ago, malak1 said:

I agree with everything here, but I think I’d personally want to see Conor get whooped by the bigger Masvidal, before a fight with Cucuy. I think a fight with Masvidal gets Connor a huge payday and he loses no face at lightweight because he was the underdog against Masvidal.

Idk if Conor would be the betting underdog but he should be. I feel like Conor wont take a fight at LW if its not for the title unless it was Khabib 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if Conor would be the betting underdog but he should be. I feel like Conor wont take a fight at LW if its not for the title unless it was Khabib 

If the fight were made today, I’d be absolutely stunned if Connor wasn’t the underdog in Vegas....and I’d put a decent amount on Masvidal.

• Like 2

Smart of Cejudo to retire knowing that Yan is coming for him. He would absolutely demolish Henry.

Pumped for Justin, but feel for Tony. Khabib better make sure Gaethje doesn't hit him with any of those shots because Tony is the only 155er on the planet that can take them and not go out. 

31 minutes ago, JonStark said:

Smart of Cejudo to retire knowing that Yan is coming for him. He would absolutely demolish Henry.

Pumped for Justin, but feel for Tony. Khabib better make sure Gaethje doesn't hit him with any of those shots because Tony is the only 155er on the planet that can take them and not go out. 

Yea I'm stoked for Khabib-Gaethje. That Tony/Gaethje fight was nerve-racking for me, I need a fight that im not close to haha. Justin cant swing for the fences too much vs Khabib though bc I do expect Khabib to get him down a few times if Justin doesnt connect early

2 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea I'm stoked for Khabib-Gaethje. That Tony/Gaethje fight was nerve-racking for me, I need a fight that im not close to haha. Justin cant swing for the fences too much vs Khabib though bc I do expect Khabib to get him down a few times if Justin doesnt connect early

He seems to understand he has to be smart at this level now, and he just put on a clinic against a guy who hasn't lost since 2012. If his wrestling is good enough and he can keep it on the feet (big if), he's got a great shot.

18 minutes ago, JonStark said:

He seems to understand he has to be smart at this level now, and he just put on a clinic against a guy who hasn't lost since 2012. If his wrestling is good enough and he can keep it on the feet (big if), he's got a great shot.

It would be nice for someone to try and not fight overly defensive against him.

1 hour ago, Buckrock101 said:

Yo Keith Peterson is a mfin savage (if this is the real one)

Edit - I think it's not the real Keith Peterson. But funny anyways

Yoooo that's hilarious. Cant imagine the ref would push back like that so I'm not surprised its a different Keith but still. Vicious 

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)