The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)

beekay414

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I'm pretty sure him getting boo'd and Yoel getting cheered says people think yoel won

also almost everyone I saw on twitter had it 2-2 going into the 5th and that was easily the most decisive round imo (obvi in favor of yoel)

I'm out now tho lol

I don't think it was a robbery lol

Like I said before, it seems to be there's much greater burden from the fans on the champ to be active than the challenger. Same thing with Tyron Woodley in several fights, Nunes vs Valentina, Jones in a couple of his recent fights, some old school Silva fights too. Plus people see it as a negative when you're running away from strikes the way he evaded Romero's blitzes (when it's really just fighting smart).

1 hour ago, 11sanchez11 said:

guess I have to rewatch it

and all the comments below say yoel won the 5th, crazy judges

That, I can't defend. Not at all. My only guess is that they basically said we don't think Yoel did enough to win so we're going to give the 5th to Izzy. That doesn't explain the second judge though. I really don't understand that.

I said it before the PPV I was looking forward to the women's fight WAY more than Izzy/Yoel and I was half right. I thought the women's fight would be way better, much more exciting and closer...but I really thought Izzy was going to run thru Yoel to a 49-46 or 50-45 decision. That fight was wack. And Izzy has the balls to call out Jones for a boring fight? He landed 3 strikes in the 1st...

15 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Yoel dominated R5

And he basically landed every dangerous strike the entire fight. If he doesn't win that would be crazy

Izzy leg kicked and that's basically it

As much as I've dogged Izzy for the performance I have to disagree. Yoel simply didn't throw enough to take the belt and nowadays that seems to matter or else Dom might be the LHW champ too. I had it 2-0 Yoel to start but the last 3 to Izzy. Maybe if Yoel dropped him in the 5th and didn't get the finish but cant win a belt fighting like this in 2020

• Like 1

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Conor vs Chandler at UFC 303 at 170 lbs (June 29th)