The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303

beekay414

52 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

They really blaming the scale. This is pathetic take accountability

It's half a pound and when you watch the video, the beam in the scale was still bouncing. 

they should move onto the 21st century and use a digital scale. Or Charles should've put his arms on the towel like Khabib and DC always did 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

Always have shenanigans whenever a fight isn't in Vegas, Florida, or Texas. Dana trying hard to give the belt to Justin so he can fight Conor for a title.

all these fighters weighing heavier than what the other scale said lol what a joke. Hope Charles ruins it for Dana and chokes Justin to sleep 

Edited by BullsandBroncos

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

They really blaming the scale. This is pathetic take accountability

I actually believe it. Look how many fighters have the extra 0.5 added on. Not sure if there's anything to someone resetting it overnight or not, but clearly it didn't match the two scales backstage so something was off. 

3 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I actually believe it. Look how many fighters have the extra 0.5 added on. Not sure if there's anything to someone resetting it overnight or not, but clearly it didn't match the two scales backstage so something was off. 

Most fighters usually use the extra pound. So being .5 or a pound over is expected. Did anyone else miss weight?

The scale excuse doesn't make much sense. Someone on twitter pointed out that that would mean that at least 8 fighters came in under obligated weight (if the scale in the back was off by 0.5 to 1 lb) which would be a record. In reality, Olives putting on muscle mass for this fight is what caused the miscalculation, not a bad scale. It's not like he's got a clean record of making weight or anything of the sort.

Edited by beekay414

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

The scale excuse doesn't make much sense. Someone on twitter pointed out that that would mean that at least 8 fighters came in under obligated weight (if the scale in the back was off by 0.5 to 1 lb) which would be a record. In reality, Olives putting on muscle mass for this fight is what caused the miscalculation, not a bad scale. It's not like he's got a clean record of making weight or anything of the sort.

Gaethje
Namajunas
Esparza
OSP
VanCamp
Khaos
Gatto
Godinez

Would have all come in under their limits if that was the case. How often do we see that many fighters doing so?

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Well 18 came in 0.5 over the target weight. That just seems a little odd to me. 

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Also, there was no weight change with Olives after he came back to weigh in the 2nd time. The cut is likely on him, not the scale in that case.

If the scale in the back told him he was on weight, that's not on him. At that point you don't want to cut more than you have to. If he was told he's good to go, I don't blame him for stopping the tough cut. 

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

Well 18 came in 0.5 over the target weight. That just seems a little odd to me. 

What's more reasonable to assume? That 17 fighters (excluding Olives) used the 1 pound buffer or that 8 fighters were under contracted weight?

Edited by beekay414

13 hours ago, JonStark said:

If the scale in the back told him he was on weight, that's not on him. At that point you don't want to cut more than you have to. If he was told he's good to go, I don't blame him for stopping the tough cut. 

If they knew the scale in the back was bad, why would they use it to gauge his weight again? If it said the exact same thing the 2nd time, it means he cut nothing. This makes no sense, my man. 

What's more reasonable to assume? That a man that's missed weight 4 times missed weight again because he and his team miscalculated the cut due to the muscle mass/body change or that the scale was so ****ed up that it couldn't calculate a half pound in an hour?

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

If they knew the scale in the back was bad, why would they use it to gauge his weight again? If it said the exact same thing the 2nd time, it means he cut nothing. This makes no sense, my man. 

What's more reasonable to assume? That a man that's missed weight 4 times missed weight again because he and his team miscalculated the cut due to the muscle mass/body change or that the scale was so ****ed up that it couldn't calculate a half pound in an hour?

He only missed weight at 145 and never before had trouble at 155. Maybe he should've grabbed the towel or privacy stand like your buddies Khabib and DC

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

He only missed weight at 145 and never before had trouble at 155. Maybe he should've grabbed the towel or privacy stand like your buddies Khabib and DC

1) No **** but he admitted to adding more muscle mass and changing body structure for this fight and his team has shown they can't always properly manage weight cuts.

2) WTF does the last part mean? I don't give two ****s about Khabib and DC lol.

Edited by beekay414

The man has missed weight 5 times. He doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. None of the other title fighters missed weight due to the scale. Knowing his issues with weight cuts, his team should've known better than to change up what they were doing. He had no reason to add muscle mass for this fight. He wasn't going up a weight class nor was he fighting a huge lightweight. Why put on muscle mass for Gaethje but think you're fine for Poirier, who is the larger 155er?

Edited by beekay414

• beekay414 changed the title to The MMA Thread | Poatan saves 303