The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

14 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Its stupid but of course I'd watch. I'm addicted to this freak show sport

I just asked because I feel like that's the only way we're going to see those two fight again. I think Khabib is just about done with MMA. He's gonna aim for 30-0 and then retire. Cormier thinks so too and that's his teammate.

Plan is to beat Gaethje and then beat GSP and hang em up.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I just asked because I feel like that's the only way we're going to see those two fight again. I think Khabib is just about done with MMA. He's gonna aim for 30-0 and then retire. Cormier thinks so too and that's his teammate.

Plan is to beat Gaethje and then beat GSP and hang em up.

I think there is no chance he fights Conor again. He doesnt want to help Conor's brand at all

On 10/20/2020 at 4:52 AM, big poppa pump said:

Well Khabib said if they fight at 170, it's not going to be a number 1 contender's match. At least he says he won't give them a title shot, assuming he's the champ.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/10/khabib-nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-dustin-poirier-155-winner-title-shot

Khabib says a lot of things but at the end of the day it'll be up to Dana and the UFC. If they don't give it to the Conor/Poirier winner who do they give it too? Hard to give it to Tony or Hooker who are both coming off of losses. And after that there's really no one else that makes sense or deserves it. 

The UFC is a business at the end of the day and Conor/Khabib 2 is the biggest fight in MMA history, especially if Conor is coming off of a dominant win against Poirier. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I think there is no chance he fights Conor again. He doesnt want to help Conor's brand at all

Khabib can say what he wants but at the end of the day money talks. Especially if he's looking to retire soon, a Conor rematch would be a HUGE payday to end his career on and might even be equal to or more than his total career earnings combined. 

3 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

I’m not the biggest UFC guy. What chances do you guys give Justin this weekend?

Not great but it's MMA so anything can happen. He matches up as well, if not better, than any of Khabib's previous opponents because he has a wild striking style, great cardio, and a strong wrestling background. 

54 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Khabib says a lot of things but at the end of the day it'll be up to Dana and the UFC. If they don't give it to the Conor/Poirier winner who do they give it too? Hard to give it to Tony or Hooker who are both coming off of losses. And after that there's really no one else that makes sense or deserves it. 

The UFC is a business at the end of the day and Conor/Khabib 2 is the biggest fight in MMA history, especially if Conor is coming off of a dominant win against Poirier. 

Money talks....but Khabib seems ok with retiring soon.  And actually uncle dana says that porier v connor 2 will be at 155.  I believe Khabib when he says gsp or bust after this fight (if he wins)

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Money talks....but Khabib seems ok with retiring soon.  And actually uncle dana says that porier v connor 2 will be at 155.  I believe Khabib when he says gsp or bust after this fight (if he wins)

Khabib certainly is a unique fighter and the GSP fight would be huge but if that's his plan I'd guess that the UFC strips him or he vacates the title. Khabib stands to make so much money in a 2nd Conor bout, I know that he doesn't want to feed into it, but I also think when/if the time comes it will be very hard for him and his team to say no. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Does Sandhagen take that fight? Isnt he next in line for the title once Yan/Aljo fight?

Possibly, but not for sure. Would probably hinge strongly on who wins. If Aljo wins, it's a harder thing to give Sandhagen the title shot, since they'd both be 1 fight removed from when Aljo won in the first round.

Anyway, I think Sandhagen takes it regardless. He said after the Moraes fight that Edgar/Dillashaw were the two names he was looking at next.