The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

44 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I think they need to strip him now. Dustin's not fighting for another interim and would probably just lobby for the rubber match with Conor over that. 

Khabib has stated he is retired.  That needs to be enough for Dana to move on, and allow for someone else to hold the strap.  It really should have been this past fight between Conor and Dustin, that was for the title.  If Khabib is still teasing Dana about continuing to fight, then he has some blame in this.  I haven't seen anything to prove that is the case.  Uncle Dana is trying to hold out hope imo, because he knows how much money is involved with a Khabib/Conor, Dustin, Olivera, Diaz fight.

53 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Khabib has stated he is retired.  That needs to be enough for Dana to move on, and allow for someone else to hold the strap.  It really should have been this past fight between Conor and Dustin, that was for the title.  If Khabib is still teasing Dana about continuing to fight, then he has some blame in this.  I haven't seen anything to prove that is the case.  Uncle Dana is trying to hold out hope imo, because he knows how much money is involved with a Khabib/Conor, Dustin, Olivera, Diaz fight.

I definitely agree, but can't Khabib also just vacate the title on his own like Bones just did?

14 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

I wanna see olivera get a shot at dustin for the title.

I don't, but that's because I want Diamond to get his strap and Olives is a killer. Without having anything invested, that would be a fantastic fight. 

Had this past fight actually been for the title, I would be all for it.

38 minutes ago, JonStark said:

I don't, but that's because I want Diamond to get his strap and Olives is a killer. Without having anything invested, that would be a fantastic fight. 

Had this past fight actually been for the title, I would be all for it.

Ehhhhh...I like Dustin in that fight tbh.  I'm not saying that it's a walkover, but if he is able to keep it on the feet, I don't believe Oli has a chance.  I don't care how good his standup has improved, it's not on Porier's level.

If it hits the mat, however, then it's a different story.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

Ehhhhh...I like Dustin in that fight tbh.  I'm not saying that it's a walkover, but if he is able to keep it on the feet, I don't believe Oli has a chance.  I don't care how good his standup has improved, it's not on Porier's level.

If it hits the mat, however, then it's a different story.

Absolutely, classic striker v grappler

24 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

the paul bro is gonna light him up lol

We're talking about some turd that just took up boxing within the last couple years vs a guy that has been an elite mma athlete, with terrible striking skills.

I'm gonna go with the elite athlete, that will train like a madman to not be embarrassed.