The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Question for all of my MMA boys @beekay414 @JonStark @JaguarCrazy2832 @BullsandBroncos @big poppa pump how do we feel about the Askren/Paul fight?

The Paul brothers are a couple of turds.  Somehow they were able to create an online empire off little kids that think they are hilarious.  Because of that marketing success, they are able to parlay that into making an extreme amount of money by getting into boxing, with very little skills.

Askren was an Olympian, and one of the best collegiate wrestlers that I've seen.  His MMA career was solid, until the lack of punching prowess caught up to him.  He seems a bit "cheesy" and turd-like too, but I can appreciate, and stomach him much more than those other 2 dooooooches.

I was shocked to see that Paul was actually favored in that fight (yes I know it's boxing) but I am guessing with the size of the gloves they are wearing, that there is little chance we will see a knockout.

If Askren is smart, he dirty boxes up against the cage, and brings Jake Paul into the deep waters.  If that happens, I can't see Askren losing.  He has proven he can at least take a punch with very good mma fighters, who are wearing tiny golves.  His cardio should be good, and probably better than Jake Paul.....but....we shall see.

If the question is whether or not I like the idea of this fight?  The answer is NO!!!!

Edited by big poppa pump

18 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is that sad? Lol

Bet on Dustin and make a killing 

The line isn't big enough to bet on dustin and make a killing. It's actually pretty close.

Also saw Tony call out Nate for a fight at 170. I'd watch that in a heartbeat. I think Tony makes Nate's Face look like a CSI episode.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Question for all of my MMA boys @beekay414 @JonStark @JaguarCrazy2832 @BullsandBroncos @big poppa pump how do we feel about the Askren/Paul fight?

Can't stand Ben. I hope he turns Jake's entrails into his extrails. I never thought I'd be praying for Ben Askren to bring respect back to the boxing game.

I think the Logan Paul Floyd fight is even more disgusting though. What an insult to the sport.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I feel dirty...like on the one hand I dont care at all and I just want Paul to go away...but on the other hand im going to at least see what happens and almost want him to win just to see how far this ridiculous ride can go? I kind of like the chaos of it all

My initial thought was Askren is going to lose and its not even close...but then ive been listening to all this "logic" and it has me questioning what will happen. Yea Askren's striking sucks but maybe the larger gloves helps push the fight into the later rounds and maybe he can drown Paul late? There's something to be said for Paul actually training boxing and he's young. I know Ben was a former olympian and supposedly the hip surgery has gone over very well but good grief he had hip surgery that cant be good...right?

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Can't stand Ben. I hope he turns Jake's entrails into his extrails. I never thought I'd be praying for Ben Askren to bring respect back to the boxing game.

I think the Logan Paul Floyd fight is even more disgusting though. What an insult to the sport.

Well the Floyd fight got canceled. Not enough pre-fight buys