The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

3 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

yeah the half jumping in half not wasn't great. but at the end of the day, the stoppage was the right time imo

Agreed. Herb getting too much hate lately. Was stopped at the absolute perfect time, that’s the exact moment I would of called it. Whether Herb looks hesitant or not doesn’t matter.

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Herb getting too much hate lately. Was stopped at the absolute perfect, that’s the exact moment I would of called it. Whether Herb looks hesitant or not doesn’t matter.

Doesn't matter if he's "looks" hesitant, it's the fact that he's backasswarding his way in there deciding whether or not to call the fight. He's done that MULTIPLE times over the last few months. Jason Herzog is such a better ref than Herb. He needs more big time fights.

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Doesn't matter if he's "looks" hesitant, it's the fact that he's backasswarding his way in there deciding whether or not to call the fight. He's done that MULTIPLE times over the last few months. Jason Herzog is such a better ref than Herb. He needs more big time fights.

i was watching a mario yamasaki lowlight and he literally walked inbetween the dude who was about land the final blow and interrupted it but then just kept sliding past lmao 

one of the most dangerous men to ever step in the octagon 

Edited by 11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

i was watching a mario yamasaki lowlight and he literally walked inbetween the dude who was about land the final blow and interrupted it but then just kept sliding past lmao 

Yamasaki was alright. Certainly had his bad moments. 

Steve Mazzagatti is the worst ever though. Couldn’t stand him. 

1 minute ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Oh god, yeah, Yamasaki was brutal. Kim Winslow was also about as bad as it gets. I remember her letting Lorenz Larkin get absolutely destroyed by King Mo. I believe she was also the ref that let Cris Cyborg feast on Jan Finney for 2 rounds lol. 

Jeff Malott was also another bad one. He's the guy that let Pat Curran keep Joe Warren off the canvas with an uppercut despite being out on his feet for about a dozen bombs.

Amazing performance by Usman. All this talk about him being boring but man was that exciting or what? Whenever he is forced to throw punches or doesnt have the clear advantage on the ground he is fun to watch. Idk why he wasnt throwing alot of kicks before because his TDD is on point but man he looks good now. Excited to see him fight whoever is next

Idk what Usman/Burns were saying at the end there but I love stuff like that

I feel like if people hated Usman before this fight, some might come over to his side. To hear him talk this way about Gilbert after thinking there was real animosity there its pretty cool but I guess im a sap for stuff like that

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

10 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Can't call him snoozeman anymore. Dude was dominant before but he's getting better. 

His fight against Colby was fun. I think when it's grappler vs grappler it tends to lead to more of a striking match as opposed to when Usman fights guys he can overwhelm with his grappling he just chooses to implement that strategy instead.