The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

13 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

If nate wasn't a natural 55er, I'd be interested in seeing him fight usman.  He checks the boxes....great chin..great cardio...scary jits....excellent boxing skills.  He's just not big enough, and would get rag dolled.....

Nate would get destroyed by Kamaru. Just look at what Rory MacDonald did to him FFS and Kamaru is bigger than Rory and a better wrestler.

Nate is 10-10 over his last 20 fights. He's not an elite fighter. His wins aren't even really that impressive in that span either. 

Anthony Pettis
Conor McGregor
Michael Johnson
Gray Maynard
Jim Miller
Donald Cerrone
Takanori Gomi
Marcus Davis
Rory Markham
Melvin Guillard

The McGregor, Maynard and Cerrone wins were big at the time but the rest of that list is pretty meh.

2 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Nate would get destroyed by Kamaru. Just look at what Rory MacDonald did to him FFS and Kamaru is bigger than Rory and a better wrestler.

Nate is 10-10 over his last 20 fights. He's not an elite fighter. His wins aren't even really that impressive in that span either. 

The McGregor, Maynard and Cerrone wins were big at the time but the rest of that list is pretty meh.

Agreed...which why I started by saying he's a 155er...and ended by saying he would get rag dolled

and to your points about his resume...I do agree.  It's not all that impressive.  He's a tough out though, and has a skillset that can cause problems.

Just now, big poppa pump said:

Agreed...which why I started by saying he's a 155er...and ended by saying he would get rag dolled

and to your points about his resume...I do agree.  It's not all that impressive.  He's a tough out though, and has a skillset that can cause problems.

Oh, yeah, wasn't arguing with you there, just wanted my chance to dump on Nate again lol. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I half wonder if Izzy would chase him to HW

23 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Izzy's not even bulking up for 205 so there's no shot he ever goes to HW.

He's going to be the champ, champ, champ. One belt on his left shoulder, one belt on his right shoulder, and a third wrapped around his waist. 

• Like 1