The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

12 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

TJ calling anyone a cheater is hilarious. You can tell these guys get hit in the head for a living because they have no self awareness lol.

is he just going full heel cause he knows he already lost the fans? 

7 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

is he just going full heel cause he knows he already lost the fans? 

If he beats Sandhagen he'll fight the winner of Yan/Sterling 2 next for the belt. Trying to get an early jump on creating some tension for the pre-fight build up if he wins. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Dillashaw vs Yan would be fun. 

True although Aljo held his own in the standup to where I wouldnt hate that matchup either. Bantamweight stuck in this situation sucks. Would’ve been great for TJ/Sandhagen be the #1 contender fight

FW is stuck although figuring itself out(the draw was unfortunate for the progress of the division but it was an awesome fight)

BW is stuck

FW has been stuck for a while bc no one likes Alex as champ

LW is a cluster

WW is fine

MW is fine

LHW is fine now that Izzy lost

HW has been a mess and will continue to be if Stipe wins

Just now, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

True although Aljo held his own in the standup to where I wouldnt hate that matchup either. Bantamweight stuck in this situation sucks. Would’ve been great for TJ/Sandhagen be the #1 contender fight

FW is stuck although figuring itself out(the draw was unfortunate for the progress of the division but it was an awesome fight)

Isn't the UFC planning on Dillashaw/Sandhagen next? And the winner fights whoever wins Sterling/Yan 2? 

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/3/5/22315651/ufc-cory-sandhagen-tj-dillashaw-ufc-title-eliminator-in-the-works-espn-mma

And FW seems fine to me. Ortega/Volk should be fun, I'd love to see Holloway fight Zabit for the #1 contender spot. But I'm not sure if the UFC wants to do Holloway/Volk 3 if they both win. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Isn't the UFC planning on Dillashaw/Sandhagen next? And the winner fights whoever wins Sterling/Yan 2? 

https://www.mmamania.com/2021/3/5/22315651/ufc-cory-sandhagen-tj-dillashaw-ufc-title-eliminator-in-the-works-espn-mma

And FW seems fine to me. Ortega/Volk should be fun, I'd love to see Holloway fight Zabit for the #1 contender spot. But I'm not sure if the UFC wants to do Holloway/Volk 3 if they both win. 

Volk told Dana that he shouldn't have to fight Max again after beating him twice and Dana agreed with him so there's that. Zabit needs to fight Holloway or KZ asap. So much inactivity.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I assumed Sandhagen/TJ was coming up really soon bc Sandhagen took no damage. Might be a while for Sterling/Yan to get rebooked

Watching the post fight presser:

1. Izzy took the loss like a champ, was kind of surprised although kind of not at the same time

and

2. Dana is such a dictator lol, he "polls" the audience about the 10-8 round thing, like anyone is going to say they thought it was a 10-8. Not saying I thought it was but no one is going to risk their good graces with speaking out of line