The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

The UFC title means absolutely nothing at this point when you have guys like Masvidal and Chandler getting title shots in the two most stacked divisions in the sport. 

I agree 100% with the Masvidal thing because Jorge hasn't fought since he lost to Usman and guys like Colby/Edwards are better and more deserving.

As far as Chandler, I would agree if not for the Conor/Dustin shenanigans, plus Khabib retiring so right there takes out 3 of the top guys so really it was between Olives-Chandler-Gaethje to fill 3 spots

I have no clue if all 3 were offered the fight, or if they were all offered a certain amount of money for it and Olives/Chandler were cheapest but I dont think its so bad that Chandler is getting this shot. Everyone's last memory of ?Gaethje is him getting subbed and made to look foolish with his supposed wrestling prowess. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

As far as Chandler, I would agree if not for the Conor/Dustin shenanigans, plus Khabib retiring so right there takes out 3 of the top guys so really it was between Olives-Chandler-Gaethje to fill 3 spots 

It's just pretty crazy that Michael Chandler, who wasn't even the champion in Bellator when he left, could potentially be the undisputed UFC champion with two wins over Dan Hooker and Charles Oliveria. Those two have a combined 28-14-1 record in the UFC and have never fought for or held a UFC title. Hell between the 2 they've only ever had 4 main events and they're 1-3 in those fights. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I have no clue if all 3 were offered the fight, or if they were all offered a certain amount of money for it and Olives/Chandler were cheapest but I dont think its so bad that Chandler is getting this shot. Everyone's last memory of ?Gaethje is him getting subbed and made to look foolish with his supposed wrestling prowess. 

I think it would've made more sense to do title eliminators. Do Conor/DP 3, and then some combination of Ferguson/Chandler/De Bronx/Gathje. Whichever two guys win in the most impressive fashion get to fight for the vacated title. 

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think it would've made more sense to do title eliminators. Do Conor/DP 3, and then some combination of Ferguson/Chandler/De Bronx/Gathje. Whichever two guys win in the most impressive fashion get to fight for the vacated title. 

You cant let Conor have a free look and make the other 4 win twice if we’re going off merit which is your initial beef with Chandler

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

You cant let Conor have a free look and make the other 4 win twice if we’re going off merit which is your initial beef with Chandler

Then they should've done a 4 man tournament with Ferguson, Gathje, De Bronx, and Chandler.