The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

I absolutely LOVE this move from Islam to take this fight on short notice. 

He will gain a TON of fans for saving the card. He goes from being the boring grappler (he's not but ppl are dumb), to being Khamzat.  

If he runs through RDA like he should, he will be white hot going into his fight in the fall.

15 minutes ago, Soggust said:

I absolutely LOVE this move from Islam to take this fight on short notice. 

He will gain a TON of fans for saving the card. He goes from being the boring grappler (he's not but ppl are dumb), to being Khamzat.  

If he runs through RDA like he should, he will be white hot going into his fight in the fall.

Saving the card? This card isnt bad at all

Colby/Masvidal

Thug Nasty v Edson

Holland v Other Cowboy 

Hardy/Spivak

Marina/Xan

He definitely adds to it sure and it doesnt have a title fight but they’ve sold the bad blood enough to make it work

10 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Saving the card? This card isnt bad at all

Colby/Masvidal

Thug Nasty v Edson

Holland v Other Cowboy 

Hardy/Spivak

Marina/Xan

He definitely adds to it sure and it doesnt have a title fight but they’ve sold the bad blood enough to make it work

You're right I shouldn't have said "save the card" because I'm going to double down and say this card is still absolutely embarrassing for a PPV.

I love Mas/Colby, but that is a 10/10 co-main and a 6/10 main event. In fact, I hate that they ruined the fight by making it a PPV main event. 

The RDA/Islam fight now makes another rivalry fight and makes a "fun" card even more "fun". Good fortune for UFC, IMO.

There are no real title implications in the fights you listed sans the women's fight (which is a great fight). 

It should be a fun night of absolute banger fights, and a great watch, no doubt. But it's really a pretty subpar PPV on paper comparatively, with no real importance, headlined by an obviously manufactured beef to sell wolf tickets. 

Edited by Soggust

3 hours ago, Soggust said:

You're right I shouldn't have said "save the card" because I'm going to double down and say this card is still absolutely embarrassing for a PPV.

I love Mas/Colby, but that is a 10/10 co-main and a 6/10 main event. In fact, I hate that they ruined the fight by making it a PPV main event. 

The RDA/Islam fight now makes another rivalry fight and makes a "fun" card even more "fun". Good fortune for UFC, IMO.

There are no real title implications in the fights you listed sans the women's fight (which is a great fight). 

It should be a fun night of absolute banger fights, and a great watch, no doubt. But it's really a pretty subpar PPV on paper comparatively, with no real importance, headlined by an obviously manufactured beef to sell wolf tickets. 

And it still probably won't be as boring as Adesanya's last fight or half of his fights last year.

13 hours ago, Soggust said:

Even still the women's fight is only title talk for Marina right? Xan just got crushed by Carla.