The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 minute ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Which doesn't change the fact that he's a better wrestler than Yan and better on the feet than sterling 

If you say so, Well see. The only thing Dillashaw has on Yan is wrestling and Dillashaw is more elusive I think. Speed, Hand speed, endurance, boxing all advantages I'd give to Yan.

Sterling fought smart last night and won a close fight. I bet big on Yan in the rematch 

12 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

If you say so, Well see. The only thing Dillashaw has on Yan is wrestling and Dillashaw is more elusive I think. Speed, Hand speed, endurance, boxing all advantages I'd give to Yan.

Sterling fought smart last night and won a close fight. I bet big on Yan in the rematch 

If tj fights I'm betting big on tj

Edited by BullsandBroncos

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Absolutely not, lol. He looked good but not great against his first real competition.

I think Chimaev would rank after Covington. Even after last night I find it hard to rank Durinho behind Leon Edwards. Chimaev jumps Durinho obviously 

Usman, Covington, Chimaev, Durinho, Edwards would be my top 5

Edited by BillsGuy82

41 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I think Chimaev would rank after Covington. Even after last night I find it hard to rank Durinho behind Leon Edwards. Chimaev jumps Durinho obviously 

Usman, Covington, Chimaev, Durinho, Edwards would be my top 5

He was referring to the P4P list and asking if Chimaev has shown enough to be considered #3, lol. 

If Luque wins his next fight I'd love to see Chimaev fight him next.

While Chimaev looked mortal, he needed a fight just like that!  It does not mean he can't or won't win against Covington or Usman.  His mystique of just walking through opponents may have changed, but his talent was on full display.  I thought he would use more of his wrestling, but he chose to stand and bang.

And everyone that is referring to Covington's  pace, and endurance needs to realize that Chimaev can probably hang.  Besides training like a beast, he didn't seem to fade in a 3 round war, and would have a different pace in a 5 round fight!

Chimaev breaks Colby's jaw again. Colby's not getting the takedown on Chimaev and, even if he manages to, he's not keeping him down. Chimaev is the strongest WW on the planet. He brushed off Burns with little effort and ate bombs that Colby couldn't even dream of throwing. 

Burns was the toughest matchup for Chimaev, outside of Usman, at WW.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Chimaev breaks Colby's jaw again. Colby's not getting the takedown on Chimaev and, even if he manages to, he's not keeping him down. Chimaev is the strongest WW on the planet. He brushed off Burns with little effort and ate bombs that Colby couldn't even dream of throwing. 

Colby has been pretty quiet as of late....lol

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Burns got KO'd by Dan Hooker and ate all of his best shots for 3 rounds, Colby Molly whops him, lol.

15 hours ago, big poppa pump said:

While Chimaev looked mortal, he needed a fight just like that!  It does not mean he can't or won't win against Covington or Usman.  His mystique of just walking through opponents may have changed, but his talent was on full display.  I thought he would use more of his wrestling, but he chose to stand and bang.

And everyone that is referring to Covington's  pace, and endurance needs to realize that Chimaev can probably hang.  Besides training like a beast, he didn't seem to fade in a 3 round war, and would have a different pace in a 5 round fight!

He didn't want to be on the mat against a world champion grappler like Burns so he kept the fight standing. Even though he didn't just run through Burns his size/strength advantage was extremely noticeable. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Chimaev shouldn't get a title shot yet, let him fight once or twice against another true contender. 

I guess, yeah, but burns is better than all the other contenders imo. Besides maybe Colby. Any one of those 3 would steamroll boring Belal. After the Edwards fight, if Usman wins, nobody else seems like a good fight besides Chimaev to me.

• Like 1