The MMA Thread | Jones-Miocic officially set for UFC 309 at MSG in November

beekay414

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

The odds probably would be fairly even between Chimaev and Colby, but I see more ways of Chimaev winning that fight!!!

That's the one reason I might lean towards Chimaev, especially in a 5 round fight. Colby would have to just out wrestle/out pace him the entire fight because there's almost zero chance he gets a finish regardless of where it goes while Chimaev can KO him or sub him.

2 hours ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Way I look at it, and people won't like it, 

Burns is Mendes, Chimaev is Mcgregor.

Usman/Colby is Jose Aldo. 

I kid. To a degree. 

If Chimaev was following Conor's career path:

Burns = Poirier - First fight against a top contender to show that he's more than just the hype.

Colby = Mendes - First fight against a true championship tier fighter that has some stylistic advantages but has just never gotten over the hump.

Usman = Aldo - P4P champ that everyone's chasing 

21 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

In what way exactly...? Thats a weird comparison

Mendes put up a bigger fight against Mcgregor than Aldo did even though Aldo was way better than Mendes at the time but was still knocked out quicker. Just because Burns put up a great fight against Khamzat doesn't mean Khamzat can't finish Colby or Usman. I'm not saying he definitely will but saying he can't because of the burns fight is just silly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Luque v Belal

McKee v Pitbull

Nemkov v Anderson

Who ya got? Should be fun fights. I'd lean the favorites which as we learned recently doesnt mean anything

I expect Belal to be wrestle heavy vs Luque. He knows he doesnt have anything for Vincente on the feet. Eventually i think Luque will catch him and finish him again. I think the winner of this fight will fight Chimaev if Colby ducks like im expecting him to.

McKee vs Pitbull is the fight im most excited about. I expect McKee to win but im hoping Pitbull puts up more of a fight. McKee making 145 looks like it's getting harder and harder for him. Will be interesting to see if that plays a role.

On 4/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, BillsGuy82 said:

He'll fight Chimaev the same way he fought Usman. Except Usman is a far better technical striker and has more power imo then Chimaev?

If Chimaev/Colby fight.. The knowledgeable fans will tell you it'll be a close fight. Vegas will probably have then as a coin flip odds wise.The Colby haters will say he doesnt have a chance while giving you biased list of reasons. If you scroll back, you'll get the reasons 

Usman is a much more patient fighter, though. Chimaev comes in trying to knock dudes out right away.

I would be interested to see how Colby fights a guy like that who is trying to knock his head off from the get go,  and he probably can't take Khamzat down early in the fight. Colby would have to survive hell for the first couple rounds before Chimaev starts to gas out. Would be a very interesting fight.